"Is that what you wanted, Alfred?"

My first side to side listen on original pressing vinyl yesterday and I caught this comment. I assume it was edited out from the CD release and not just sub-audible. One of the treasures of having the original. What a great record. I was a bit dismayed that the only player not even mentioned in the liner notes is Sam Jones and I feel like he was nearly perfect on that session. How about some respect for the backbone, huh?

I stand entirely corrected. Pulled my CD out tonight and right there on the end of One for Daddy O was Miles bantering with Mr. Lions. Don't know how I never caught that before.

Maybe a seperate thread of recorded Miles quotes. The immediate other that comes to mind was "I'll play it first and then tell you what it is"

Maybe a seperate thread of recorded Miles quotes. The immediate other that comes to mind was "I'll play it first and then tell you what it is"

Always heard Miles say 'I'll play it first and tell you what it is later' on that Prestige record session.

Something Else is a major work, in my opinion - something which has always bothered me, as well, is how it never seems to be noted that this recording, though under Cannonball's name, is very much a warmup to Kind of Blue - Miles's blues playing, in particular, shows that he was really working on distilling his scale ideas -