Hilarious "*blank* Plays *blank*" albums

Chad.mundt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mother actually took piano lessone with Wittgenstein's brother many years ago - she used to show me the piano books with his writing, which was very rough - as a matter of fact Ravel wrote a special piece for him (I think he lost one arm in WWI) -

Yes, it was "Piano Concerto for the left hand" - kind of obvious title really. Nice piece of music, I recall. Haven't heard it since 1970, though, so I could be wrong.

MG

Yes, I laughed at the Wittgenstein's Brother Plays Two-Handed Melodies. Good stuff. Ravel's Left Handed Concerto is an amazing piece! Love it everytime I hear or see it. :wacko:

Bird Plays Stitt...ha!

My fav so far, though, is Spyro Gyra...hilarious.

What about Pat Metheny: Kenny G, A tribute, or maybe Miles Davis: plays Hank Williams.

Sorry for all of the Kenny G, but Kenny G: 72 Minutes of Circle-Breathing in Bb; Um Album da Nota

Miles Davis Sings (CTI, 1976)

Together with producer/arranger Bob James, Miles brings his classic compositions like "Nardis", "Four" and "Blue in Green" fully up to date with groovy, danceable arrangements and newly-written lyrics. Apart from his much-admired voice in a completely new setting, this recording features some of the worlds finest musicians like Jon Faddis, Grover Washington and Tom Scott.

Miles Davis Sings (CTI, 1976)

Together with producer/arranger Bob James, Miles brings his classic compositions like "Nardis", "Four" and "Blue in Green" fully up to date with groovy, danceable arrangements and newly-written lyrics. Apart from his much-admired voice in a completely new setting, this recording features some of the worlds finest musicians like Jon Faddis, Grover Washington and Tom Scott.

:rofl::rofl:

I'll order two copies.

MG