The Best Breakfast is

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the first time in weeks, I made Bennie and I pancakes for brekky this morning.

As we didn't have any syrup in the house, we had 'em with bannana and yogurt.

Trouble with having syrup in the house, though, is they make the enterprise so yummy-scrumptious that I wanna have those suckers EVERY day. And I suspect that's not really all that healthy.

I have to confess that I usually have muesli with sliced fruit and a good low-fat yogurt. It definitely keeps me in motion, if you know what I mean.

But fundametally, the Italian coffee, pastry 'n' papers thing is my dream breakfast. :g

By the way, I had to go with the eggs and American bacon. There's nothing like the smell of bacon in the morning (and the leftover grease is great for cooking other stuff, too!).

Anyone ever had Portuguese sausage and rice for breakfast? I had that at a McDonald's in Hawaii once. Not too bad, really. I'd eat it again.

Easily the most interesting thing about the replies so far is that I deliberately differentiated Canadian bacon from the American variety - because, let's face it, they are not even close to being of the same genre of pork smallgoods - and nobody bats an eyelid. :wacko:

Very strange.

When did "American bacon" mutate to such a pronounced degree that it became its own species and quite different from what most folkses regard as bacon?

Here's another treat- use cinnamon or cinnamon raisin bread to make french toast. If you want to be really naughty take two pieces (they're usually smaller anyway)and shmear some cream cheese between (or use that light neufchatel stuff) and then dip the whole thing in the egg and cook it as usual. Add some thick-sliced peppered bacon, a little fresh oj, a nice cup of Sumatra and the Sunday paper and you've got something.

Or you can just have a fruit smoothie and live longer. Actually, it'll just SEEM longer..............

Easily the most interesting thing about the replies so far is that I deliberately differentiated Canadian bacon from the American variety - because, let's face it, they are not even close to being of the same genre of pork smallgoods - and nobody bats an eyelid. :wacko:

Very strange.

When did "American bacon" mutate to such a pronounced degree that it became its own species and quite different from what most folkses regard as bacon?

No kidding? Canadian bacon is a pork product? I'll take your word for it, but I assumed it was a ham-like product made out of a smaller animal or something. I dunno, prairie dog or something....

Anyway, I definitely went with American bacon and eggs, but grits are a must!

Shit! Am I the only one who even tries to eat a 'healthy' breakfast ?

Every day, without fail I eat the same thing-

German muesli ( it being the cheapest )

bean milk

natural yoghurt

banana and any other fruit in season

Italian roast coffee, giant size

I guess I risk being branded a wimp/health freak.