My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

7/4

To be honest, though, I've always liked the concept more (relatively) than the results. But I guess the concept might have been the point.
I think, at the time, it was quite new and fresh, but now it's a bit tamer.

Kinda like the Sex Pistols.

To be honest, though, I've always liked the concept more (relatively) than the results. But I guess the concept might have been the point.
I think, at the time, it was quite new and fresh, but now it's a bit tamer.

Kinda like the Sex Pistols.

Jon Hassell was pissed for years that they lifted the concept off of him. (aka 4th world music) I think the Hassell and the Budd from that era holds up better than da Bush album, but I haven't heard the reissue yet. I haven't seen it in NJ yet, maybe I'll venture into the big apple and pick it up.

As for the Pistols...I didn't think there was anything fresh about those guys. I did eventually come around to really dig Rotten's voice.

Damn, has it been 25 years?

I feel old...

Same here! :D:(:D

I picked this up on first release because at the time I was interested in anything that Eno did, and I was also a Talking Heads fan. For much the same reason I picked up Byrne's "Catherine Wheel" score, which I actually think holds up better. Count me in as one who thinks the concept sounds better in theory than the result, as far as My Life In the Bush of Ghosts. I found the album quite a dissapointment at the time, though I think it's inexplicable that they aren't including "Qu'ran" on the new release....how stupid is that?

:wacko:

They could have removed the offending bits from Qu'ran and retitled it. Maybe they did. :ph34r:
Nope. Qu'ran was deep, heavy and wonderful

and now it's gone, but like I said, it's on the LP and first Sire CD release,

so it can be added on to a self-created CDR if one wants.

As for the Pistols...I didn't think there was anything fresh about those guys. I did eventually come around to really dig Rotten's voice.
I've tried a number of times to respond, but,

I'm just speechless when it comes to your first statement.

Maybe we shouldn't go there... :lol:

I feel old...

I picked this up on first release because at the time I was interested in anything that Eno did, and I was also a Talking Heads fan. For much the same reason I picked up Byrne's "Catherine Wheel" score, which I actually think holds up better.

Yep. Got both of 'em on vinyl, right next to Jerry Harrison's Casual Gods...

But there's no frickin' way it's been 25 years. Heck, that would make me old!

I feel old...

I picked this up on first release because at the time I was interested in anything that Eno did, and I was also a Talking Heads fan. For much the same reason I picked up Byrne's "Catherine Wheel" score, which I actually think holds up better.

Yep. Got both of 'em on vinyl, right next to Jerry Harrison's Casual Gods...

But there's no frickin' way it's been 25 years. Heck, that would make me old!

I know, I know....

Think of it as just over 3 1/2 dog years.

Seriously, I initially got The Catherine Wheel on tape, and it was pretty much the best-sounding pre-recorded cassette I ever heard. Eventually got the CD a little while ago (meaning perhaps about 10 years ago.) Never got the Harrison though.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my copy this afternoon and I'm up to cut 6. Man...this edition lifts it out of the murk. I don't know why they had wait so long to remaster it (I still have to read the liner notes or really check out the web site). I'll be listening to this quite a bit. I even feel like learning all the bass lines, it'll give me an excuse to play my bass. :rlol

It have been nice if they included photos of the other musicans in the booklet. :blink:

I'll have to join that oldsmobile as far as buying the vinyl on first release goes.

As for cutting the Qu'ran track - the moral courage of artists sets standards that should shame the rest of us.

The more I look at it the more unimpressed I am by the moral retardedness of Eno and Byrne in issuing this with a track missing and not even mentioning the fact up front, let alone explaining it. Are these the kind of guys who will jump on a moral bandwagon when it boosts their back catalogue sales, but run a mile if they fear it might cost them?

:tdown

Edited by David Ayers

I remember trying my best to find that "Human Voice in the World of Islam" source after MLitBoG came out. Especially Dunya Yasin?

It would have been a real coup if Byrne and Eno had done it really right and released a two disc set that encompassed sourcing for the album. A bit like Gabriel putting out the second 'Passion' recordings. That trickle down of musical inspirations makes the world go round.