My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

7/4

It would have been a real coup if Byrne and Eno had done it really right and released a two disc set that encompassed sourcing for the album. A bit like Gabriel putting out the second 'Passion' recordings. That trickle down of musical inspirations makes the world go round.

I give PG credit for doing that. Plus I learned a ton from listening to the Sources album. I now rarely listen to Passion.

As for My Life, I recently gave it a spin, and I'm not sure it holds up for me. The first 3 tracks do, and I still dig the extra track, Very Very Hungry, but overall I start hearing Talking Heads or David van Tiegham albums in my head. There is something early 80s about the synths, though the samples are good. I think digital effects racks were just geting more sophisticated then too.

Going to have to spin my vinyl of Catherine Wheel and Casual Gods soon.

I wonder if I will have this same feeling when I spin my Bill Laswell stuff. I got into his 90s trance, ambient, world fusion stuff at one point, but I've not listened in a bit.

As for My Life, I recently gave it a spin, and I'm not sure it holds up for me. The first 3 tracks do, and I still dig the extra track, Very Very Hungry, but overall I start hearing Talking Heads or David van Tiegham albums in my head. There is something early 80s about the synths, though the samples are good. I think digital effects racks were just geting more sophisticated then too.

Going to have to spin my vinyl of Catherine Wheel and Casual Gods soon.

I never liked the Catherine Wheel as much as this.

I wonder if I will have this same feeling when I spin my Bill Laswell stuff. I got into his 90s trance, ambient, world fusion stuff at one point, but I've not listened in a bit.

I have most of it and love it. Love that dubby bass.