Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monkboughtlunch

Hank Mobley Workout RVG - Did they fix the cover?

18 posts in this topic

Curious if Blue Note ever fixed the botched cover of this RVG reissue....thinking about upgrading...

Did they really ship the "working" cover or was this an internet thing?

Doesn't really matter to me since I live with a JRVG version but I'm curious.

Yeah! I saw a bunch of the "Workout" RVGs at Tower, and they all said "Retouched cover to come". Did Blue Note ever reprint this? Or did they just pull the title?

What the Hell is wrong with the old one? :blink:

Looks fine to me aside from the declaration that the cover would be redone.

How many artwork/cover screw ups has BN had in the past 10 yrs? What with the Boobys, the Hardcock, this one. I don't know if I want to "upgrade" this title or not, and if I do decide to, don't know if I'd rather buy it this way or wait for the corrected version.

Anyone think this one will be worth something 10 yrs from now?

I guess I don't really see the big deal with this screw up. It's kind of funny, actually, and if I didn't already own an 80s McMaster I would definitely spring for a copy.

Guy

YES...I did. It looks exactly like the original issue.

A bit brighter or washed out, but otherwise exactly the same.

Never saw that RVG issue but the new one looks like having a better copy - probably from the original negative - of the Wolff photo that was on the vinyl releases. Very slightly less croped than the original image to give a better idea of shades!

And a very improved toning of the black and whites. Looks really much better now!

Yeah, I guess it's better.

Maybe Blue Note wants to encourage us to buy two copies, just as some of us upgrade masterings.

I guess the retouched cover finally came. I saw a copy at Border's without the text on the cover.

I recently saw the normal cover, after seeing nothing but the one with the "retouched" note on it for months. I wonder if the ones with the screwup will be (or are being) sent back to Blue Note so they can insert the corrected covers and mayge SELL some of those babies.

In any case, instead of buying the RVG (I already have the older issue) I got a Charlie Patton Yazoo CD.

I did a Google search tonight, and couldn't find a scan of the cover with "Retouched cover to come."

The cover on my copy of the RVG is normal, no "retouched cover to come"