Hank Mobley Workout RVG - Did they fix the cover?

monkboughtlunch

How many artwork/cover screw ups has BN had in the past 10 yrs? What with the Boobys, the Hardcock, this one. I don't know if I want to "upgrade" this title or not, and if I do decide to, don't know if I'd rather buy it this way or wait for the corrected version.

Anyone think this one will be worth something 10 yrs from now?

Never saw that RVG issue but the new one looks like having a better copy - probably from the original negative - of the Wolff photo that was on the vinyl releases. Very slightly less croped than the original image to give a better idea of shades!

And a very improved toning of the black and whites. Looks really much better now!

I recently saw the normal cover, after seeing nothing but the one with the "retouched" note on it for months. I wonder if the ones with the screwup will be (or are being) sent back to Blue Note so they can insert the corrected covers and mayge SELL some of those babies.

In any case, instead of buying the RVG (I already have the older issue) I got a Charlie Patton Yazoo CD.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 months later...