A few other amazon.co.uk bargains

I've been a customer there for ages. They are usually very fast.

Got most of my stuff today.

On that topic:

LOL!

That Verve design department is a whack-job and a half:

a) The Ella Ellington slipcase is too big for what's in there.

b) The Ella Gershwin Slipcase is to slim for what they stuffed in there.

c) The (nice) Ella/Louis you have to cut open to get to the music.

d) To get the discs out of the Ella Songbooks, you need pliers.

I think we should all pitch in and buy those guys a healthy supply of Playboy magazines.

That would probably significantly reduce worldwide headaches and stop those monkeys from living out their sexual frustrations in the design department.

Edit (Correction): The Ella Gershwin slipcase is far too flimsy for everything that's squeezed in there, so after once in and out, it is now too big. :crazy:

Edited by neveronfriday

I think we should all pitch in and buy those guys a healthy supply of Playboy magazines.

If we were to do this, at least we'd know that everything they issued would be way too big for its container.

Up over and out.

You really think so?

I'd rather like to think no matter what, it would be too small. ;)

Down, across and in.

Edited by neveronfriday

For those interested in classical, Amazon.co.uk also currently has great deals (50% off) on full price box sets from Universal Classics:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/bro...5177520-7024644

B0007PLYY4.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:excited:

I also ordered this set of.

For those of you who like the piano sonatas of Ludwig Van Beethoven, this 8 CDs set is a treasure and for a very cheap price. Kempff was a great pianist.

B0000012XC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Edited by B. Goren.

The Miles Jack Johnson is also pretty cheap (long box version, I guess, didn't check)

I just received this and it is the "deluxe box" version. A good deal at 30 euros shipped.

Nice one! I thought it was the deluxe vesion but I didn't want to say so in case I was wrong...

You'll enjoy the Jack Johnson, Gokhan! Great one!

I got the Ella & Louis just in time for last weekend, played the small group dates (Ella & Louis and Ella & Louis Again) - some if it is sublime, and most is at least good fun!

As much as I like Ella, it's Louis whom I like most, here - he's developping in direction of a rather idiosyncatic style of singing here (although some of it, like all the inserted "yeeeeeah"s and "baaaaby"s may simply be stupid mannerisms...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I might revitilize this thread for those from Yrp that still show interest in good old technologies...

Amazon.co.uk seems to have a lot of those CD Boxes from Atlantic records on sale for some quite attractive price as e.g.

Complete Atlantic John Coltrane 42 GBP (as well on Vinyl for 70GBP, so maybe Bob has some money left over :g )

Complete Atlantic Mingus 38 GBP

Complete Atlantic Coleman 44 GBP

Complete Atlantic Ray Charles 70 GBP (if I have got that correctly)

I guess that goes along with the current sale of the individual CD series sale in Yrp.

They even have some Rock/Pop stuff on sale where I believe I now get me the Little Feat Hotcakes and Outtakes box set as I just received my T&L refund from the last 4 month payed in one batch. There might be even more interesting things but I just only went there to look up some electronic gadget.

Have fun, Oliver

Edited by tjobbe