Good & Bad News: aka, Where is my account!?

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHH!!! Sweet!!! It is working! It's just not reflecting the correct post count. I think that would require a special query to the database in the admin panel. I have an option for "rebuilding user post counts", but it's very server intensive. I'll probably try it tonight after the gig and see if it will make the post counts of "lost" members match up to their posts.

I just did the same thing with member "ep1str0phy" and it seemed to work as well:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...topic=26723&hl=

AHH!!! Sweet!!! It is working! It's just not reflecting the correct post count. I think that would require a special query to the database in the admin panel. I have an option for "rebuilding user post counts", but it's very server intensive. I'll probably try it tonight after the gig and see if it will make the post counts of "lost" members match up to their posts.

that would be some insane north country voodoo Jim. :rfr

I just did the same thing with member "ep1str0phy" and it seemed to work as well:

Epistrophy looks like he/she re-signed up yesterday, member 1451. Are his old posts going to be added to his new account, or are you trying to tie his old posts back to his old account? This is confusing to me.

edit - never mind. I think I understand...

Edited by Aggie87

Epistrophy looks like he/she re-signed up yesterday, member 1451. Are his old posts going to be added to his new account, or are you trying to tie his old posts back to his old account? This is confusing to me.

edit - never mind. I think I understand...

He actually signed up and was assigned member number 1333. I manually set his member number, in three different tables in the database, to 1451, which was his old member number. The only way I am able to determine what a deleted member's original member number was set to is by cross-referencing one of the member tables that did not get deleted using their old email address. Unfortunately, this particular table does not contain the member name, only the user ID number, email address, and specifics about passwords, PMs, etc.

Another question for felser and ep1str0phy... are your old PMs still there?

ANY MEMBERS WHO GOT DELETED: Please re-register and email me your old email address (the one you used to register on the board the first time) and I will get your old posts linked to your new registration.

Hopefully Magnificent Goldberg will see this!

What is your email address? Also, I have someone else's private messages stored in my private message area.

ANY MEMBERS WHO GOT DELETED: Please re-register and email me your old email address (the one you used to register on the board the first time) and I will get your old posts linked to your new registration.

What is your email address? Also, I have someone else's private messages stored in my private message area.

Did I fix it?

I've posted once since the board came back up, and something slightly odd happened. My post appears on the thread where I posted (2006 World Cup...), but on the "Today's Active Topics" page, it doesn't show that I added to that thread (still shows the previous post by brownie as the most recent). I tried refreshing the page, but it's still not showing the update (the rest of the topics appear to be updating normally).

???

Yep, one that I started (on the McLaughlin DVD) shows no topic starter.

Edit: Also one you started in the musicians forum has the same problem, Jim. But even stranger, one by Jason Parker shows his name as the starter, though his info is lost.

Edited by Joe G

Did I fix it?

His name and member info just disappeared from his post above! :alien:

Did I fix it?

I have my own private messages back again.

Did I fix it?

Right, but his name and member info should now be attached to his old posts. The above was made when he was member number 1477, but his original member number was 1402.

It's very confusing! :) But I think it will all work out.

FWIW, anyone who opted out of the Politics forum after the October date now has access to them again. At least, that would explain why I can see that forum again.

Also, since JSngry's signature font changed, has the word "through" always been misspelled? :blink::g

FWIW, anyone who opted out of the Politics forum after the October date now has access to them again. At least, that would explain why I can see that forum again.

Also, since JSngry's signature font changed, has the word "through" always been misspelled? :blink::g

If you want to opt out of the politics forum (again), just PM me.

If you want to opt out of the politics forum (again), just PM me.

I'd make it automatic, no way we want Al bag in there. :P