What amplifier with Dynaudio speakers?

ASNL77

I am about to buy the Dynaudio Audience 52 speakers. Has anybody got these? I listened to them with a Rega Mira 3 amplifier and I was very pleased with what I heard. Have you got any other suggestions? Budget: £800.( $1500).

Edited by ASNL77

In my experience most ss amps will give you a certain shrillness in the upper registers, sandpaper-like trumpets, etc, so for my money, if I had these speakers, I'd go with something like a NAD or a a Rotel 100 wpc receiver/integrated amp for like $500-600, no more than that and invest the rest of the $1,500 in some oil/gas stocks.. :)

I've had the 52's for three years now and I'm very happy with them. For some reason, brass instruments sound great through them, and there is a nice warm sound to the music. Great speakers for the price. What I use is a NAD C 320BEE intergrated amp, and for speakers this size, it works great. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Honestly I wouldn't want any of those. This is the amp I would buy if I had the money. . . .The Decware Torii II

toriimk2sm.jpg

Going to have the power for those speakers, doesn't need a preamp, very flexible, and is reported to be THE SCHITTE. I have several other amplifiers from this maker and would love to have this flagship.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/mainmenu.htm

He offers an 220 volt model.

• 2 weeks later...

I passed my order on Saturday. Naim Nait 5i with the Dynaudio 52. They sound great with the Rega P3. I hope they will sound as good in my lounge as they did in the shop! <_<

I will have to wait a bit more to upgrade my CD player. The Rega Apollo is a hot favourite. Can't wait for the whole system to be up and running. Thanks to all of you for your help. ;)

Edited by ASNL77

• 5 weeks later...

A little late I suppose, but how about a nice vintage Sansui AU-919? One in mint condition would be $4-500 at the most, leaving plenty of room to have the unit upgraded with new caps and other parts.

Build quality can't be touched for less than $2000 today, and they sound wonderful- very low distortion, clean, warm, not harsh and grainy at all.

One of these amps refurbished with some new parts and with the bias adjusted correctly will kick the butt of most "modern" amplifiers costing 2-3 times the price.

Don't laugh until you've heard one...

A little late I suppose, but how about a nice vintage Sansui AU-919? One in mint condition would be $4-500 at the most, leaving plenty of room to have the unit upgraded with new caps and other parts.

Build quality can't be touched for less than $2000 today, and they sound wonderful- very low distortion, clean, warm, not harsh and grainy at all.

One of these amps refurbished with some new parts and with the bias adjusted correctly will kick the butt of most "modern" amplifiers costing 2-3 times the price.

Don't laugh until you've heard one...

Too late indeed, but thank you for your input...! ;)

• 2 years later...

Honestly I wouldn't want any of those. This is the amp I would buy if I had the money. . . .The Decware Torii II

toriimk2sm.jpg

Going to have the power for those speakers, doesn't need a preamp, very flexible, and is reported to be THE SCHITTE. I have several other amplifiers from this maker and would love to have this flagship.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/mainmenu.htm

He offers an 220 volt model.

Well, ironically it turns out I did buy one of these amps, used, the very first one sold. . . from the desginer/builder's partner who builds the company's speaker line.

It's going to be here soon. Can't wait!