LF: "Africaine", "Solid", "The Kicker"

I'm workin' on a deal to send several discs (including a brand new Organissimo disc!!! - from the multiple-disc order I'm planning to make for Kansas City folks) to one of our fellow board members in Germany...

...our own beloved 'couw', i.e. jumpman.gif).

And while I'm at it, I asked him if there was anything in particular he was looking for that would be easier to find here in the U.S., than over there. He said these three Conns -- Grant Green's "Solid", Bobby Hutcherson's "The Kicker", & Art Blakey's "Africaine" -- were all OOP over there, and could I perhaps track them down here in the U.S. - which he'd be most appreciative of.

I immediately checked several on-line sources, and the cheapest I've found (so far) is half.com, where I can pretty much get all three of these discs for about $12 each (which includes postage to me in Kansas City). (Specifically: $12 each for "Solid" and "Kicker", and $13 for "Africaine" - all prices include postage)

1. Anybody know of any on-line sources that have any better deals on any of these three titles?? (Total price, domestic postage included.)

2. Anybody here personally have any extra copies of any of these three titles??? (I've got a couple dozen discs to offer in trade.)

Thanks!!!

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Well, then, unless somebody pops up here with some duplicates to offer in trade (within the next 12 hours - by 11pm tonight, Central Daylight Time, U.S.), I guess I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on them from half.com.

Two are from the same seller, so there's even a little to be saved in combined shipping.

Thanks!! -- Rooster T.

Hey couw, I'm gonna let you take up trading directly with "rockefeller center", since he's in Austria, and you're in Germany (and I'm in the U.S.).

Or, if you guys can't work something out, maybe I could send something to him from the U.S. (to "rockefeller center"), and then he could send you "The Kicker" directly from Austria, and then that could count as credit towards our other trade.

Ouch - my brain hurts just thinking about how complicated THAT starts to make all of this... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Although, as long as all parties are happy - I'm all for it. :g

I did a three-way trade (wanna be clear about that ;) - it was a CD trade!!) only once before. One of the parties was in Hong Kong, and they never mentioned that I was going to get the CD they were trading to me, from some guy in Columbia, MO (which is like 2 hours east of Kansas City). I had no idea it was really a three-way trade until after I had already sent the discs to Honk Kong. It all worked out OK in the end - but it was pretty weird, not knowing the whole deal up-front. <_<

Sucks they're OOP over there, all three are readily available where I am.

Reminds me, last time I was out I saw a copy of Dizzy Reece's Comin' On, and Hutcherson's Stick Up.

Not to hijack the thread but I also saw a JRVG of Griffin's The Congregation FOR $20!! How is the session and the sound of the JRVG? I'm thinkin' of pulling the trigger for this.

Thanks guys!!

Just as another option, you can buy both "The Kicker" and "Solid" from the Amazon.com marketplace (meaning used, directly from another person, but with Amazon's guarantee) for $9.95 plus $2.49 shipping (to U.S. address). And "Africaine" is there (also used) for $11.98, plus the same for shipping.

Your half.com prices are very good though, especially if they're new/sealed items.

Well, "The Kicker" has been obtained for 'couw' (in Germany), via a three-way trade for the Organissimo CD, which I will be sending to 'rockefeller center' in Austria. :party:

And 'Big Al' has an extra copy of "Solid" which I an negotiating a trade for even as we speak (hopefully I'll have a disc he'll want in trade).

So, does anybody have an extra "Africaine" to spare???

Not to hijack the thread but I also saw a JRVG of Griffin's The Congregation FOR $20!! How is the session and the sound of the JRVG? I'm thinkin' of pulling the trigger for this.

Thanks guys!!

I think it's a killer session. I found the Conn LP a couple of years ago. It's only 30 minutes, but I think the CD has an additional track (alternate take?). I hardly get beyond the first track without having heard that one at least two or three times. If you dig Clark and the usual (not dismissing anything) BN sound ot that time, you'll like it.

Nice cover, too, by the way!

ubu

And 'Big Al' has an extra copy of "Solid" which I an negotiating a trade for even as we speak (hopefully I'll have a disc he'll want in trade).

Hey Rooster! Have ya received my PM yet? Loking forward to seeing that list! :tup

Hi Al!! I sent you a trade-list via e-mail. (Both via the "e-mail" button in your Organissimo profile, and also to the e-mail address in your PM.) If you didn't get 'em, I may just post my trade list here to this thread. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Hey Rooster! Have ya received my PM yet? Loking forward to seeing that list! :tup

Hi Al!! I sent you a trade-list via e-mail. (Both via the "e-mail" button in your Organissimo profile, and also to the e-mail address in your PM.) If you didn't get 'em, I may just post my trade list here to this thread. Let me know if you didn't get it.

That's weird; I haven't received either! :blink:

I'll send you a PM with a different e-mail address. I wonder if my hotmail account has been inadvertently blocking the messages?

Hey 'couw' - FYI, Big Al is gonna trade me an extra "Solid" he has, for an extra Hutch "Components" that I have.

So, that takes care of "Solid" (which Al is gonna send to me, and I'll include in the package I'm sending to you in Germany), and also "The Kicker" (which 'rockefeller center' is gonna send you directly from Austria, and I'm going to send him an Organissimo CD, when I get the 'volume discount' on the batch being sent to Kansas City).

To everyone else: STILL LOOKING TO TRADE FOR "Africaine".

Can this get any more convoluted???? :g:g:g

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Well, I'm going to Austin this weekend. If I see AFRICAINE anywhere, I'll pick it up!

WAIT - BIG AL - I can get one here (brand new) for like $16 plus tax. Or, I can get one on-line for about $13 (including postage).

What I need is someone who already has an extra one they'd like to trade.