New news

New George Braith release called Bop Rock Blues at CD Baby now

I cannot believe

another George Braith CD

coolio

Here is the link to find out more/buy

http://cdbaby.com/cd/georgebraith5

and here is some info

Jazz musicians play multiple styles of music throughout their careers. Most of the time, the kind of music presented depends on who is listening. A tremendous audience has accumulated for Rock and Blues styles , largely because of their easy listening sounds. The beat, the chords and the melodies are clear and readily appreciated. Bop, progressive jazz, can be more difficult to understand; however, the more one listens to it, the more familiar one becomes to its innovative sounds and content, and the more potential there is for understanding and enjoyment. “BOP ROCK BLUES” contains the musical ingredients of all three styles with an emphasis on dance rhythms. “BOPTRONICS”, developed by George Braith, is a method of using modern recording techniques to produce any kind of instrumentation. Unlike Midi, “BOPTRONICS” is played in real time. The Braithophone, an invention of George Braith, is a woodwind instrument that produces two sounds at once.

^_^

HEY HEY

New news

I cannot believe

another George Braith CD

coolio

and here is some info

Jazz musicians play multiple styles of music throughout their careers. Most of the time, the kind of music presented depends on who is listening. A tremendous audience has accumulated for Rock and Blues styles , largely because of their easy listening sounds. The beat, the chords and the melodies are clear and readily appreciated. Bop, progressive jazz, can be more difficult to understand; however, the more one listens to it, the more familiar one becomes to its innovative sounds and content, and the more potential there is for understanding and enjoyment. “BOP ROCK BLUES” contains the musical ingredients of all three styles with an emphasis on dance rhythms. “BOPTRONICS”, developed by George Braith, is a method of using modern recording techniques to produce any kind of instrumentation. Unlike Midi, “BOPTRONICS” is played in real time. The Braithophone, an invention of George Braith, is a woodwind instrument that produces two sounds at once.

^_^

I got this from George a while ago and it's great. Live stuff with Wilbur Ware, Roy Haynes, Andy Bey (on piano, a highly under-rated painist), Beaver Harris and Dizzy Reece among others. Check it out.

Guest donald petersen

sorry i am confused and cdbaby isn't very helpful with discographical information but are any of these braith albums older music? is it all modern stuff or is any of it from before the 1990s? i would like to check out anything from the 1970s or the 60s or even i guess the early 80s. anything from these periods? thank you.

sorry i am confused and cdbaby isn't very helpful with discographical information but are any of these braith albums older music? is it all modern stuff or is any of it from before the 1990s? i would like to check out anything from the 1970s or the 60s or even i guess the early 80s. anything from these periods? thank you.

George Braith and friends Volume 3 is almost all live stuff from the '60s. I think all the "and friends" are the same with various personnel

HEY HEY

New news

I cannot believe

another George Braith CD

coolio

and here is some info

^_^

I got this from George a while ago and it's great. Live stuff with Wilbur Ware, Roy Haynes, Andy Bey (on piano, a highly under-rated painist), Beaver Harris and Dizzy Reece among others. Check it out.

I think I messed up. What I'm describing above is Braith and Friends Volume 3.

Bop Rock Blues is probably one of his recent creations from his home studio, which I love for different reasons. Saxophones, vocals, drums machines, keyboards (mostly all played and sung by Braith) and sounds like nothing else.