Remembering Jackie McLean

bertrand

Jackie McLean, who left us on March 31st, would have been 75 today.

I have been thinking about him a lot in the last few days, and how much he left us with. Of course, there are all the great records, but his legacy is passed on through all of the musicians he formed over the last 30+ years.

Jackie truly left this world a better place. He will never be forgotten.

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Guest akanalog

valerieb, please don't just tell us you've been talking about mr. mclean. actually tell us about mr. mclean! i am sure you have a lot of interesting things to say and i am sure most board members would be very much interested in hearing anything you want to lay down. i know you have said some things already in different threads, but i see you wrote what you wrote in this thread and i am responding to it.

valerieb, please don't just tell us you've been talking about mr. mclean. actually tell us about mr. mclean! i am sure you have a lot of interesting things to say and i am sure most board members would be very much interested in hearing anything you want to lay down. i know you have said some things already in different threads, but i see you wrote what you wrote in this thread and i am responding to it.

well, akanalog, i really don't have too much to say except that i was a big fan of jackie's - both musically and personally. i am grateful that i was able to hear him in person many times, starting in the '60s in nyc. i think he was incredibly special as a person and a very loyal friend to many. i didn't really know him personally even though i had met him on many occasions and many of my friends knew him well. obviously, there's a huge hole left by his absence on the jazz scene.