Apple knows how to do it

You have to hand it to Steve Jobs, he knows how to attract attention to Apple. The new NYC store opens at 6 PM this evening, it is on Fifth Ave. between 58th and 59th Street--a fantastic location--and it will be open 24/7/365. It's subterranean, but you can't miss it--here's a photo of the entrance, a 3-story high glass cube.

photo_fifthavenue051806.jpg

sub·ter·ra·ne·an - adj. - Situated or operating beneath the earth's surface; underground. :P

I wouldn't necessarily say it's original, but it's cool. Reminds me of the entrance to the Louvre:

louvre.pyramide-se.jpg

Also kinda reminds me of those Smart Car towers that are scattered about Europe:

Smart-Tower.jpg

Edited by Aggie87

Yeah, iToilet is one of my favorite new Dashboard widgets. Be warned, though- there's a software bug which prevents the valve from closing every time, and you have to jiggle the handle. Version 1.0.2 will fix it, but you've gotta stay home between 8 am and 5 pm on the day of the repair. <_<

Yeah, iToilet is one of my favorite new Dashboard widgets. Be warned, though- there's a software bug which prevents the valve from closing every time, and you have to jiggle the handle. Version 1.0.2 will fix it, but you've gotta stay home between 8 am and 5 pm on the day of the repair. <_<

Is this part of On Star?

I walked by tonight after I got out of work (around 10PM). There was what looked like a four to five hour wait just to get into the store. Even worse than the Union Square Trader Joe's. The entrance is even more impressive in person than in the pictures.

It's also impressive from down there...

See for yourself.

They have a bar down there? Niiiiiiice!!! :tup

I might be wrong, but if that store is anything like the SF store, the "Genius Bar" only serves beverages of the liquid crystal variety. I think it's basically a place where you can play with gadgets they've set up along the bar.

Looks like a very cool place. The MacBooks released a few days ago also look very cool. We may be picking one up for my wife this weekend; here in hotel rooms we're fighting over my iBook constantly, we really need another computer!