Apple knows how to do it

maybe you should try some of the tricks Mac's are supposed to be so good at and reduce the size of some of these pics Chris... <_<;)

or at least share some of them "upskirt" shots...

It's New York. You'll have to wait 'til summer for any good ones...

Here are some interesting details.

The long-awaited deal for Apple's sprawling subterranean store in the GM building was recently finalized, but only after landlord Harry Macklowe promised Steve Jobs he could take his big $9 million glass cube with him at the end of the lease. Techno aesthete Jobs personally designed the 32-foot-by-32-foot box that will mark the store's entrance on the Fifth Avenue plaza (formerly home to a T.G.I.Friday's). "Steve Jobs felt that he created the cube so he owned it," says Apple broker Robert Futterman, noting that Macklowe wanted it to stay put. "At the eleventh hour, that was the biggest issue." Macklowe had aggressively wooed Jobs, flying out to California twice and offering well below market rent of $1,000 per square foot for the 24,000-square-foot store set to open in the spring. At the end of the twenty-year lease, Jobs must replace the cube with a comparable structure before hauling it off. Apple didn't return calls, and Macklowe declined to comment.

BTW I believe the Louvre pyramid also has a round, hydrolic elevator. So much for Steve Job's design. :g

BTW I believe the Louvre pyramid also has a round, hydrolic elevator. So much for Steve Job's design. :g

Sort of like the GUI. Didn't he lift that from Xerox? Or was that the mouse?

Engelbart/Xerox PARC were influences, I guess.

Apple Lisa and Macintosh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_th..._user_interface

Mouse history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_mouse

Sort of like the GUI. Didn't he lift that from Xerox? Or was that the mouse?

Well, let's say that he lifted the concept and took it giant steps forward. Then came Gates and simply took it, no steps there, but innovation has never been Microsoft's forté. :)