cool album covers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

B0001K2K84.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115768890_.jpg

The Cobham-Duke album cover may have been "cool" but the music was awful. I remember how disappointed I was after buying it; it reminded nothing of the same band I heard in New Orleans just a few months earlier.

Two of the worst tracks were "Almustafa, the Beloved" a dumb narrative piece and the equally boring "Frankenstein Goes to the Disco." Maybe I should have read the credits a little closer before buying this turkey, which didn't remain in my hands for long.

Recycled Sounds in Kansas City, one of the nation's great used and rare music stores, closed this year. For years their store featured these heads of Cobham and Duke (connected to their hands) cut out from the album cover and taped prominently onto the cash register. During the closing sale, I noticed that Cobham and Duke were gone! It was as if the store had lost its soul. The clerk hastened to inform me that the heads/hands images had been carefully peeled off and saved as priceless artifacts.

• 1 month later...