CD/Jewel Case weight??

Shawn

Does anybody happen to know the answer to the following 4 items? I'm trying to calculate weight for my upcoming move.

1. Single CD in standard jewel case

2. 2 CD set, standard "flip" jewel case

3. Single CD in Slim-line jewel case

4. Single LP

Thanks!

I had to go into the other room where I have a box with 64 standard jewel case single CDs, it weighs about 6 kilos, so that's about 100 grams per unit.

Next to it is a box with 80 slimcase single CDs, it weighs about 4 kilos, so that's about 50 grams per unit.

These near scientific measurements were made using our lying bathroom scales.

Edited by couw

you don't want to weigh ONE of each as you want to know the mean or median weight of all your pre- and post- and during-oil crisis vinyl pressings and your varying thickness CD booklets. Also, older jewelcases are about double the weight of more recent ones. What about digipacs? Maybe David Ayers can get up from his chair and place some on his kitchen scales, while MikeWeil goes looking for his bathroom scales, wherever he hid those...

BTW, one CD cum jewelcase really does weigh about 100 grams, give or take 10 grams and a CD cum slimcase really does weigh about 50 grams. A single LP on average really does weigh 200-300 grams, depending on vinyl thickness and cardboard stock.

I didn't make that shite up!

you don't want to weigh ONE of each as you want to know the mean or median weight of all your pre- and post- and during-oil crisis vinyl pressings and your varying thickness CD booklets. Also, older jewelcases are about double the weight of more recent ones. What about digipacs? Maybe David Ayers can get up from his chair and place some on his kitchen scales, while MikeWeil goes looking for his bathroom scales, wherever he hid those...

BTW, one CD cum jewelcase really does weigh about 100 grams, give or take 10 grams and a CD cum slimcase really does weigh about 50 grams. A single LP on average really does weigh 200-300 grams, depending on vinyl thickness and cardboard stock.

I didn't make that shite up!

Sorry man...it's the whole metric thing...I'm a math phobe. So how many grams = 1 pound? I don't know any coke dealers. :g

Damn it, Shawn; why don't you just ask us all to come over and move your stuff? :lol:

Not a bad idea! God...this is probably like the 35th time I've moved in my life...once I get down there, I think I'm going on a nice long bender. :crazy:

Thanks to Mr. Gone for the link, much appreciated!