Sports: Clips From Youtube.Com

I saw this a couple of weeks ago for the first time since it was on Wide World Of Sports about 30 years ago. George Foreman vs Ron Lyle with Howard Cosell behind the mic. Whole fight is about 20 minutes. Incredible fight - almost like a cartoon.

I saw this a couple of weeks ago for the first time since it was on Wide World Of Sports about 30 years ago. George Foreman vs Ron Lyle with Howard Cosell behind the mic. Whole fight is about 20 minutes. Incredible fight - almost like a cartoon.

I was a huge Foreman fan back then, thanks a lot for the trip down memory lane. Ah, the days when they had major fights on free TV. :)

And Howard calling the action. :P

What an incredible fight! Utterly without boxing skills!"

:g

Thanks, man. Led me to do an MLB site search, and I turned up the 2001 Series:

New York-Arizona

Still one of the most incredible things I've ever seen, right up there with the '75 Series (which I watched when I was 9). Just remembering how devastated everybody still was by 9/11, particularly in NY, of course, and watching everybody sing along to "New York, New York" after Jeter hit the game-winner in the bottom of the 10th in Game 4... magical. Reminds me why I still love baseball so much (dug watching the highlight this morning of his game-ending play last night against the Bosox).

starting it off with a bang

top 10 iron mike quotes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UrY25qM89TQ&search=mike%20tyson

Mike Tyson had his own unique vocabulary. Someone should publish a book of his quotes and his fractured English. Hilarious.

I was expecting his quote "I was in a state of hysterica" to be on this clip.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...