Obscure album covers, by well-known artists

Rooster_Ties

OK, there's a million album covers out there, by thousands of cats, but I'm curious to see some I've never seen before, by some really core jazz artists, you know - the ones that we all think we've already seen everything by.

Here's one - yeah, it's a boot, but it's still a cool cover. Plus, there's a little bit of ring-wear visible, so this was a vinyl boot - which makes it way-cooler than some modern CD-boot cover.

MilesSweden1.jpgMilesSweden2.jpg

So, then, the ground rules are that the album cover has to be very cool, and very obscure, but by a well-known leader. (Actual covers from the LP-era are prefered over CD-only releases from the modern age.)

For instance, I'm guessing there are some cool Japanese-only alternate covers (for things also released here, but with more familiar covers), that might well qualify for this thread. Put your thinking caps on...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tapes of that Japanese "Complete Plugged Nickel" set (from a guy on the Internet, actually - it was BITNET back in those days - which will tell you how old those tapes are), and I nearly plunked down $250 for one back in the early 90's, before anyone had any idea it would be released in the U.S. -- and I'm DAMN glad I DIDN'T get it, when I had the chance. ;)

I used to have that same "Facets" album/cover on vinyl, and come to think of it - I might still have it. Hafta check...

Edited by Rooster_Ties