Obscure album covers, by well-known artists

Rooster_Ties

10inlp%200072.jpg

10inlp0%20087.jpg

This Japanese site has a wealth of rare vintage LP covers, for all of you who love this kind of stuff:

http://gokudo.co.jp/

Click on "Jazz Record".

That's an interesting....I didn't even realize that Dizzy had a Blue Note 10" ('Horn of Plenty'). :huh: Wonder how it sounds.....or if Toshiba will ever release it in some future wave of 10" vinyl re-issues?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an interesting....I didn't even realize that Dizzy had a Blue Note 10" ('Horn of Plenty'). :huh: Wonder how it sounds.....or if Toshiba will ever release it in some future wave of 10" vinyl re-issues?

The Gillespie Blue Note 10" LP contained recordings originally done in Paris in 1952, licensed from Vogue. The complete sessions were among the series of Vogue reissue CDs from BMG France a few years ago.

Say what you will about the cover, but I hope that Duke Pearson album is on the Select.

Alan Bates of Black Lion has the rights for all Fred Norsworthy produced Jazzline et.al. LPs, there was a CD of this issued in 1989 with three alternate takes added, Black Lion BLCD 760134, under Donald Byrd's (!) name, titled Groovin' For Nat. A nice session, the rhythm section with Pearson, Bob Cranshaw and Walter Perkins cooks, and the unusual two trumpet frontline is very attractive, nice to compare Byrd and Coles.

This will definitely not be part of the Mosaic Select, so look for this CD:

B000025J31.03.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Edited by mikeweil

This Japanese site has a wealth of rare vintage LP covers, for all of you who love this kind of stuff:

http://gokudo.co.jp/

Click on "Jazz Record".

I love this kind of stuff, and I've seen a lot of sites similar to this, but never saw this one. This is ULTRA cool, from what I've seen so far (not that much yet, because the pages full of images take forever to load on my system). A LOT of those 10" LP covers are ones I've never seen on the internet (and several of them I've never seen ANYWHERE!). Thanks alot, Mike. :tup

Edited by Jim R

Say what you will about the cover, but I hope that Duke Pearson album is on the Select.

Alan Bates of Black Lion has the rights for all Fred Norsworthy produced Jazzline et.al. LPs, there was a CD of this issued in 1989 with three alternate takes added, Black Lion BLCD 760134, under Donald Byrd's (!) name, titled Groovin' For Nat. A nice session, the rhythm section with Pearson, Bob Cranshaw and Walter Perkins cooks, and the unusual two trumpet frontline is very attractive, nice to compare Byrd and Coles.

This will definitely not be part of the Mosaic Select, so look for this CD:

B000025J31.03.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Thanks Mike! :D