BIRDLAND BOOK

Guest youmustbe

Guest youmustbe

Correction....It will not be with Jordi...his book is different than mine.

Mine will come out in 2011...when I reach 66...for tax purposes.

Limited numbered edition. Many never before seen photos. Interviews, newspaper clippings and the like as well as about the other NYC clubs at the time.

Correction....It will not be with Jordi...his book is different than mine.

Mine will come out in 2011...when I reach 66...for tax purposes.

Limited numbered edition. Many never before seen photos. Interviews, newspaper clippings and the like as well as about the other NYC clubs at the time.

Wow, this thread is evolving fast. A day ago you were doing a book with Pujol, now you aren't, but Jordi is also doing a book? I am sure the details are lurid and won't ask.

I was going to suggest Norman Saks but see he has already joined the thread. If you do not have Norman's book you should get in touch with Phil Schaap and pick up a copy. Also you should get in contact with Ted Gioia regarding Marcel Fleiss' photos of Birdland.

I hope you have a healthy budget for photos.

Jim

I will be publishing a book with Jordi Pujol of Fresh Sound about the original Birdland.

The book will be photos, articles, memorabilia etc...

We hope to do it chronologically with as many never before seen photos, articles etc...

Well, good luck. I'd love to read any stories about Bird.

Eroll_Garner_and_Art_Tatum_at_Birdland_1952__Marcel_Fleiss_Small_AG.jpg

Earl Garner and Art Tatum at Bird Land!!

I don't believe very many people, certainly not those under 60! have seen articles on Birdland from the New York Mirror in 1959!

Or an article on Mo Levy from the magazine Tan Confessions.

What I meant was that it won't be just the obvious that always pops up.

It is very hard, and I speak as a photgrapher who sells photos to books, to get good 'quality' photo repros, unless it is a high priced book. Just the way it is.

My interviews with 238 and counting, people, many who have passed, musicians , fans, employees, re Birdland as well as Village, Uptown, Philly, Chicago clubs, will appear as part of a column I will be writing for a new web store that will go online later this year.

.....where is this web site????