Art Ensemble set going away

We should start a pool:

Guess when Lon puts it on the block!

The winner gets their pick of any Lp from Chuck's considerable stash! Heh...

:ph34r::w:rolleyes:

Wrong!!! They get a choice of 5 from Lonson's. :lol:

Just need to find someone wanting his Phil Napoleon sides.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish I had those Phil Napolean sides here right now. . . they would be perfect mood bolsterers.

Hey, If I find I don't like these earlier sides more than I like later AEC, I'll probably give the set to one of my single friends so he can use it to play for all those hot young babes that just love AEC!

:D

I was trying to play this set the other day...Sunday I think.

Well, it was pissin' off my wife. She was finally like, "I can't stand this shit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it was that cool "Ericka" song, and I'm like, "Can we wait 'til the cool part comes on"? (you know, with all the "Hey"!'s )

Oh and I had to play the 45 version of "Tatas-matoes."

"Here come the Man"!!!

After that, I had to take it off...to save my marriage! :P:cool:

Man, I wish I had those Phil Napolean sides here right now. . . they would be perfect mood bolsterers.

Hey, If I find I don't like these earlier sides more than I like later AEC, I'll probably give the set to one of my single friends so he can use it to play for all those hot young babes that just love AEC!

:D

:lol:

Answering a couple of posts here.

Guys thinking they need music to "get girls" have problems beyond musical taste. :)

If you define your friends by their reactions to your intellectual pursuits, you are in big trouble.

My wife of 42 years is still here and she knows more/different things about Roscoe, Joseph, Lester, Malachi, etc than I do. She dances to Snurdy. Guess I'm lucky.

My inspiration for the "limited - numbered edition" was Norman Granz's Jazz Scene. I'm sure that's the source of the Mosaic plan too.

In the early stages of preparing the set, Charlie Lourie (Michael's partner in Mosaic) called me to buy my catalog so they could issue a set like this.

Just arrived on my desk! :)

Disc one in and playing...

Whoa. I'm digging it. This is unbelievably intense, visceral music--I can't imagine being present at the sessions--and that's the "view" from my computer speakers. I'm going to crank this up at home tonight!

I can't believe I was eight box sets away from missing out on this.

Thanks for putting this out, Chuck!

I was trying to play this set the other day...Sunday I think.

Well, it was pissin' off my wife. She was finally like, "I can't stand this shit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it was that cool "Ericka" song, and I'm like, "Can we wait 'til the cool part comes on"? (you know, with all the "Hey"!'s )

Oh and I had to play the 45 version of "Tatas-matoes."

"Here come the Man"!!!

After that, I had to take it off...to save my marriage! :P:cool:

Wow. I tried playing Snurdy McGurdy in the car with the wife, so I knew better than to try to play any of this box when she was around... :lol:

Well I should have ordered from Chuck. Mine came from Tower today with a broken four banger case and it nearly didn't get here, it was misadressed (wasn't my fault, I checked what I gave them just now) and if it weren't for the on the ball USPS person that handles this complex and the fact that the gorgeous gal

Tara at the desk here knows I live for my mail and is always on the lookout for mail for Helen and I this would have gone to the other end of town and probably not ever come back.

Listened to disc A so far. Have to say I love the way this was recorded, just the kind of sound I like. And I like this better than later AEC material I've heard in the past, by a long stretch. This is a good way to get started with this band.

Well I should have ordered from Chuck. Mine came from Tower today with a broken four banger case and it nearly didn't get here, it was misadressed (wasn't my fault, I checked what I gave them just now) and if it weren't for the on the ball USPS person that handles this complex and the fact that the gorgeous gal

Tara at the desk here knows I live for my mail and is always on the lookout for mail for Helen and I this would have gone to the other end of town and probably not ever come back.

Listened to disc A so far. Have to say I love the way this was recorded, just the kind of sound I like. And I like this better than later AEC material I've heard in the past, by a long stretch. This is a good way to get started with this band.

He likes it! Hey Mikey! :tup