It's Here: Volume 2: That Devilin Tune, 9 More CDs -

Well summarized Harold! And the sound is very good indeed, set to please Lil Red Riding Hood because it's "just right."

AND you get portions of that book, just about a quarter of the book in each set! What's it called again? "Beelzlebub's Boogie?" "Them Satanic Melodies?" Something like that.

I think that you mean "Goldilocks" .. right? The Red Hooded One was the kid that killed the wolf! When last did you read Grimms Fairy Tales??

Where in Houston are you esconced? Perhaps I can buy you an expensive cup of coffee sometime ...

• 2 weeks later...

consumer alert - all orders received by June 30 have gone out, and only three (dating from the last few days) after that remain to be shipped - I'm posting this to head off attorney general investigations, as I've had one pissy email from a member who shall remain namesless, 'cause I don't blame him for being annoyed, as I was a bit late on shipping some of these - and he IS a lawyer (or at least he works for a law firm), so I probably pissed off the wrong guy - I have been slow in responding to emails and I apologize for this, as I'm overwhelmed with life at the moment, working a new job, dealing with kids on summer vacation, taking a vacation myself, actually practicing every day, trying to finish up a new book, and trying to do a complicated recording project (I'm doing a session in a few weeks with Erin McKeown, a very interesting Indy-rocker). The other orders will go out today and tomorrow (as well as that missing booklet, Garth). I'm also busily preparing my boxed-set info-mercial, so am gathering testimonials about how these sets changed your life and enhanced your male members (please email my privates - I mean, please email me privately - about this) -

funny you should ask - Whitehead has a copy and, I was told, likes it very much - now, I also happen to know that Kevin doesn't like ME very much (it's an old grudge) - of course, journalistic objectivity would take precedence - both Ben Ratliff and Nate Chinen have been mailed sets, but I'm not aware that either has reviewed it -

You got a mention in the current JazzTimes (w/Stern & Bona on the cover). I'll try and post the comment later, if I remember...

"Following his highly acclaimed box set, Minstrel to Mojo: An Audio History of American Popular Song, 1893-1946, saxophonist, audio engineer and historian Allen Lowe recently released the first volume in a new anthology covering classic jazz and its eclectic roots.

Titled That Devilin' Tune: A Jazz History, Volume I, the nine-CD set surveys early and pre-jazz music from 1895-1927."

JazzTimes, August 2006, p.38.