are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

I was looking for the Helyne Steward "Love Moods" cd on Amazon today and noted that it was only available as a used title. I pulled out one of my old Fantasy catalogs and did a random search of some of the OJC limited titles. Some are not available new at the moment, others are. Not available, for instance, is Roy Draper Tuba Sounds, Victor Feldman Suite Sixteen, John Dennis New Piano Expressions, Teddy Charles New Directions. Some of the vultures have already upped their used prices to the $30-40 range. Other Ltds are still available new - Walt Dickerson, Joe Albany.

I wonder if this is a trend? Any comments? Should we all crank up our "must have" lists and start chasing them?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this is a trend? Any comments? Should we all crank up our "must have" lists and start chasing them?

Seems you're late to the game ......

This has been discussed here - in the end, nobody knows, but we're all afraid it could be, so we all buy them whenever we get some at a good price, like at the recent Zweitausendeins sales, where I got four dozen I always wanted to have for no more than € 2,99 each .....

That said, this date really looks interesting - what type is her voice and phrasing, whom does she resemble?

It hasn't arrived yet. In truth, I bought it because Phineas Newborn Jr is on some of the tracks, and there is a nice west coast contingent with such notables as Art Pepper, Jack Sheldon, and Frank Rosolino. I'll try to remember to report back when the disc arrives.

I was looking for the Helyne Steward "Love Moods" cd on Amazon today and noted that it was only available as a used title. I pulled out one of my old Fantasy catalogs and did a random search of some of the OJC limited titles. Some are not available new at the moment, others are. Not available, for instance, is Roy Draper Tuba Sounds, Victor Feldman Suite Sixteen, John Dennis New Piano Expressions, Teddy Charles New Directions. Some of the vultures have already upped their used prices to the $30-40 range. Other Ltds are still available new - Walt Dickerson, Joe Albany.

Teddy Charles' New Directions seems to be completely OOP.

:rmad:

F

wake up and smell the hotcakes ALL OJC titles on cd, tape, or lp are ALL "OOP" and have been for quite some time now. there is no magical factory pressing you off fresh copies of these titles- they are all backstock and they will never be pressed again as long as Concords running the show. We need to have a takeoever of these Concord people. isnt concord like a parent company of "Glaxo-Smith-Kline" the pharmaceutical people. we need to buy it out from under them

I just looked on the Concord site, and not only is New Directions available directly from them, it's on sale for $7.98. Looks like they may be having a clearance sale on the OJC Limited Edition stuff, so it may be now or never if there are titles you want.

Personally, I'm willing to wait and see what Concord does with the Prestige/Riverside/Milestone catalogs before judging them.

It's pretty obvious what the fuck is going on.

I stocked up on a number of Fantasy Titles over the year, but I need to go through my paper catalog and pick out the last few titles I'm missing. Then I'll see if any of them are on sale for $8 (bargain).

I'm too lazy to look right now - how much is shipping?

We knew this was coming, but it still hurts. I will miss Fantasy as we knew it.

Bertrand.

I'm thinking of getting 20 at $4 each. And it looks like there's a 10% coupon (catalog2006), although I suspect it won't apply.

Chuck, how much was shipping for 33 CDs? I can't find any description of the shipping costs.

My prediction: expect Concord to dump these at Barnes And Noble by the end of the year, just like they did for Concord titles.

After all the years and hard work Terri Hinte put into to the label, this is how it all ends. Very sad.

Bertrand.

I'm thinking of getting 20 at $4 each. And it looks like there's a 10% coupon (catalog2006), although I suspect it won't apply.

Chuck, how much was shipping for 33 CDs? I can't find any description of the shipping costs.

The coupon doesn't work for the sale items. They charged me $15 for Fedex ground.