are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrgh - no international shipping. :(:angry:

Looks like I gotta trouble some relatives over at the U.S.

I've been meaning to make it back to Malaysia some day.

Cover my airfare and I'll pick up the cost of the CDs. Sounds like a fair deal to me. ;)

I'll contact you if I decide to order ~148 titles from the sale list. :)

How did you get free shipping? I just ordered 30 titles, and they charged me $15 for Fedex, with no other option.

edit - that's STILL $3.48 per disc, shipped to my door, so I ain't complaining THAT much!

Edited by Aggie87

How did you get free shipping? I just ordered 30 titles, and they charged me $15 for Fedex, with no other option.

edit - that's STILL $3.48 per disc, shipped to my door, so I ain't complaining THAT much!

I don't know--I just ordered and ordered. Email confirmation also says free shipping.

I don't know--I just ordered and ordered. Email confirmation also says free shipping.

Wow. I just ordered 32 discs @$2.98 and $15 Fedex was the only shipping option. Maybe there's another crossover point at 40 CDs. I'm gonna have to sell off some of my classical discs to fund this purchase...

I also got free shipping.

I also got free shipping.

....well, you should, since you basically bought half their warehouse!!! :D

edit - would have been nice if they had posted their tiered shipping rates in advance though...i coulda found a few more titles, saved the $15 shipping, and effectively got 5 more discs free...

Edited by Aggie87

I was going through the same buying frenzy during the recent OJC/ZYX sales in Germany (I only bought the non-remastered titles).

It's sad though to see this great music discounted for next to nothing and then probably not come back, except for the most popular titles, or as MP3 downloads.

How much do you have to order to get free shipping? If it's 40 or 50 CDs, I won't be upset, having been charged $15 on an order of 32 :unsure: . But if it's "free shipping on orders of $100 or more", I'll e-mail Concord and try to amend the order to add two more discs... :excited:

[Added: it is free shipping on orders of $100 or more. So I'm going to try and amend.]

Edited by T.D.

I'm going to run with "yes, I did buy those 50 cds but I wasn't just thinking about myself....I was thinking about you too hon and got you those 3 Creedence cds that were on sale!'" and then see what happens! :g

:D

Good luck with that one!

(we'll save you a place in the dog house, too. just don't forget to bring the beer!)

She said 'at that price' I should go back for another round -- and who am I not to follow orders? :excited: Scout's honor!

phz-ben-swear-2.jpg

All she gets is 2 more Creedence discs out of the deal. :cool:

We have room for you on the basement sofabed if you get bounced out! :g

I'm going to run with "yes, I did buy those 50 cds but I wasn't just thinking about myself....I was thinking about you too hon and got you those 3 Creedence cds that were on sale!'" and then see what happens! :g

:D

Good luck with that one!

(we'll save you a place in the dog house, too. just don't forget to bring the beer!)

She said 'at that price' I should go back for another round -- and who am I not to follow orders? :excited: Scout's honor!

I got a similar response -- and so I did! :party::party::w

I just ordered 21. I originally intended to only order 10, but this sale defies the laws of physics, the more I bought the less expensive things became.

OJCCD-1823-2 Lil Hardin Armstrong - Chicago: The Living Legends

OJCCD-1931-2 The Birdlanders - The Birdlanders, Vol. 2

PRCD-7109-2 Miles Davis - Bag's Groove

PRCD-7130-2 Red Garland Quintet - All Mornin' Long

OJCCD-1887-2 Herbie Harper - Jazz In Hollywood

OJCCD-1904-2 Jimmy Heath - Swamp Seed

PRCD-24215-2 Claude Hopkins - Swing Time

OJCCD-1918-2 The Jones Boys - The Jones Boys

PRCD-24230-2 Taft Jordan - Mood Indigo

RCD-242-2 Thelonious Monk - Monk's Music

RCD-1169-2 Wes Montgomery - Incredible Jazz Guitar

OJCCD-1847-2 Billie And Dede Pierce - Blues And Tonks From The Delta

PRCD-24231-2 Buddy Tate/Claude Hopkins - Buddy & Claude

OJCCD-1878-2 Duane Tatro - Jazz For Moderns

PRCD-7038-2 Sonny Rollins - Plus 4

RCD-241-2 Sonny Rollins - The Sound of Sonny

PRCD-7020-2 Sonny Rollins - Worktime

PRCD-7047-2 Sonny Rollins Quartet - Tenor Madness

OJCCD-1824-2 Franz Jackson - Franz Jackson's Original Jazz All-star

OJCCD-1888-2 Harry Babasin/Bob Enevoldsen - Jazz In Hollywood

OJCCD-1899-2 Charles McPherson - From This Moment On!

Somehow I am relieved they don not ship internationally, although there are only few items I'd really like to have - I've been buying OJCs etc. more often than Blue Notes over the years.

I looked, I looked again, I thought about it, I thought about it some more, and... I bought nothing. I know, that's crazy talk, but I just didn't see anything I had to have, and there's no way I could come up with 30 titles that I thought I'd ever get around to listening to- not even at $2.98. I think the compulsive years (which were SERIOUS while they lasted, believe me) are in the past for me. I think I may even be content. :unsure::)

But I envy a lot of you guys who are grabbing stacks of good stuff for peanuts. Great sale.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't feel the need to take a plunge. I may still get the K2's of "Monk's Music" and "Monk/Coltrane" so I can get them in mono, since the current issue is in stereo. Outside of that, though, nothing that I absolutely have to have!

The Bill Evans Riverside box is very tempting, but I do have most of the material on individual CDs and am going to resist the urge to get the box since I really don't need it. I just can't afford to continually buy things I already have, but the lure of the "bargain box set" is indeed seductive.

.......must.....resist........ :ph34r:

It will be a shame if all these do go OOP.

Somehow I am relieved they don not ship internationally, although there are only few items I'd really like to have - I've been buying OJCs etc. more often than Blue Notes over the years. I guess I had my share from Zweitausendeins - spent more than a hundred bucks there since spring.

I think they use this sale to reduce duplications - they sell out all the K2s and many titles that probably will be RVG'd in the near future. Relatively few rarities among them - I found several much more interesting titles here, but not a single K2!

Initially I resisted the K2s because, as you say, they'll re-emerge in another incarnation. They're not rare. But there were about 6 or 7 rarities that I didn't want to miss (Hardin, Buddy Tate, Tatro etc). ANd once you get to that point, the math starts getting funny. 7 CDs (@7.98) will cost about 56.00. 10 CDs @5.98 cost virtually the same. So, my basket's at 10 CDs for 60.00 and then I realized I could get 20 CDs for 80.00. WHen am I ever going to have the opportunity to get all of those K2s for 2.00? So, my basket went from 10 to 20, mostly with K2s So, there you go, that's how the thought processes work. Pure illogic.

While shopping, I couldn't help but remember the OJC sale at J&R a year or two back, where "we" all ordered a million CDs and some attractive (though not THIS attractive price), and they came through with about 10% of what was ordered. But that was J&R.