are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got cancelled because I don't have a 'physical' address, only a post office box. If anyone end up with a copy of Bill Evans at the Manne Hole they don't want, $5 shipped and I'll take it.

How the hell do you sleep in a PO box?

When Ann understands what I have done I may need to move there.

Well, I got cancelled because I don't have a 'physical' address, only a post office box. If anyone end up with a copy of Bill Evans at the Manne Hole they don't want, $5 shipped and I'll take it.

I placed two orders -- #5551 and #5610 and have heard nothing except my initial confirmation. There seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how these things are being filled. My only thought is that maybe they have different people filling different orders and whether you received an e-mail yet depends upon how those individual people handle the processing.

It's as good a theory as any! :unsure:

365 nights a year in hotels.

As for your spousal relationship, c'mon, in 43 years, she's forgiven you for worse transgressions than this.

Just had a look at the Concord website. If my memory serves me, when I ordered (Wednesday) there were 225 Jazz titles available. Now the site shows 223. Two items I ordered (Sonny Rollins Worktime and Art Pepper Smack up) didn't appear to be on the list anymore unless I missed them. Hope mine were already put aside :(

My guess is that only orders that can be completed (all items in stock) are being processed first. Just a hunch. It appears that 'the orders are being processed in they order they are received' is bunch of corporate BS.

Did any of you guys that got a second e-mail ordered the Ellington K2? I am almost positive that one should be OOP.

Just had a look at the Concord website. If my memory serves me, when I ordered (Wednesday) there were 225 Jazz titles available. Now the site shows 223. Two items I ordered (Sonny Rollins Worktime and Art Pepper Smack up) didn't appear to be on the list anymore unless I missed them. Hope mine were already put aside :(

However... If you do a search on their site for these two items, both still show to be available...and at $7.98, no less. They're just not listed in the 'Summer Blowout' section. Hmmm...

Personally, I'm willing to wait and see what Concord does with the Prestige/Riverside/Milestone catalogs before judging them. Some of their sets so far make a lot of sense (Red Garland at Prelude, Monk/Trane, Miles Quintet), and, as for them releasing the big names first, of course they would. So did Blue Note and Fantasy. The Prestige bonus discs seem designed to draw interest in the Prestige catalog from novice listeners, which would make the most sense if they are planning to keep the catalog active.

Just noticed this on the Concord site while trying to track down my order. This makes a lot more sense than anything Fantasy (or Prestige, for that matter) did with those Stitt sides, so I still have hope that some really good stuff will come out of Concord. Stitt and Red Garland aren't exactly bankable names the way Coltrane, Miles, and Monk are ( Stitt may sell a million, but that will be 100 copies each of the 10,000 albums he recorded), yet they've both already been treated right by Concord, even in the early going. The Miles set makes a lot of sense also. I'm actually pretty encouraged in some ways.

Sonny Stitt

Stitt's Bits [box Set - pre-sale only]

PRCD3-30043-2

A 3-CD box set spotlighting one of the great founders of BeBop, the multi-talented Sonny Stitt. His blazing, beautiful playing of alto, tenor AND baritone saxophone collected within this special collection is not to be missed! Features the complete Prestige BeBop recordings from 1949-1952 on three digitally remastered CDs and Includes previously unreleased material!

I was glad to see that all 35 of my titles were listed as shipped.

Still wondering how I missed out on the free shipping. Did you need a coupon code or did they just stop offering that?

Just got an "order confirmation" for an order placed late this afternoon. All items have a ship date of 7/18/06 next to them.

Order no. 5737

:( Sounds like they are filling orders based on size and not by when they were placed. I placed my order Wednesday morning and haven't received a shipment notice yet.

It always sucks when size matters.

I placed two orders -- #5551 and #5610 and have heard nothing except my initial confirmation. There seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how these things are being filled. My only thought is that maybe they have different people filling different orders and whether you received an e-mail yet depends upon how those individual people handle the processing.

It's as good a theory as any! :unsure:

order number 5585.

free shipping, but i have no emails other than the initial confirmation.

My guess is that only orders that can be completed (all items in stock) are being processed first. Just a hunch. It appears that 'the orders are being processed in they order they are received' is bunch of corporate BS.

Did any of you guys that got a second e-mail ordered the Ellington K2? I am almost positive that one should be OOP.

Just a thought but could it be they are processing the orders that do NOT have free shipping first.

Quick poll. Did all of you guys that have received a second confirmation have to pay for shipping?

I would suggest that Concord be a little careful with this bunch.....If the early purchasers are discriminated against they may discover that Lebanon looks like a walk in the park..... :w<_<

Edited by Morganized

Just a thought but could it be they are processing the orders that do NOT have free shipping first.

A related thought, are they processing orders that did not reach the $2.98 tier first, figuring that they'd rather sell a CD for $3.98 than $2.98. That would really be low, since they are the ones who came up with the tiered approach in order to get people to make large orders.

What an unprepared bunch of dickheads. I have another 35 in my cart and probably won't order until I get a shipping order for the first one (2 days ago).

I expect Georgia Russell to sort all this shit and get my order to me.

Chuck, again you're making me laugh! :D

I'm late to this party. I spent the week in Charlotte on business, and just got home this evening. So after spending three hours listening to a Canadian league game on Sirius (the Ticats won), I placed an order for 33 plus the Evans box. I am being charged the fifteen dollars for FedEx.

It will be fine with me if any number of mine are backordered. I won't have time to listen to them all anyway.

In keeping with the spirit, I ordered a few compilations that look interesting - The Jazz Giants Play Sammy Cahn, that sort of thing.

Sonny Stitt

Stitt's Bits [box Set - pre-sale only]

PRCD3-30043-2

A 3-CD box set spotlighting one of the great founders of BeBop, the multi-talented Sonny Stitt. His blazing, beautiful playing of alto, tenor AND baritone saxophone collected within this special collection is not to be missed! Features the complete Prestige BeBop recordings from 1949-1952 on three digitally remastered CDs and Includes previously unreleased material!

The price is right on this set, as well... Available for preorder at CD Universe for just over $20.

Stitt Box at CDUniverse

hi chewy-chew-chew present: is tyhat contest for reals? I AM GOING 2 WIN THE CONTEST AND GO AND BE PHOTOGRAPHED HOLDING THE MASTER TAPES FOR MONK AND TRANE. THEN I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE THEM BACK AND THREATEN TO POO ON THEM UNTIL CONCORD RIGHTFULLY SURRENDERS ITS DEAL WITH FANTASY. I WILL START EATING THE MASTER TAPE INCH BY INCH UNTIL ALL PRESTIGE AND CONTEMPORARY ALBUMS ARE REISSUED

Quick poll. Did all of you guys that have received a second confirmation have to pay for shipping?

I ordered 51 CDs (with free shipping) Thursday afternoon and got the second confirmation yesterday.