are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the latest round of Concord e-mails, my orders were filled by some guy named 'Chewy, Chew Chew's Brother' and they've all been packed with the wrong cds and sent to the wrong address!!

Oh sh** !

:o:g

According to company shipping records, yours is now sitting in the lobby of a small apt. bldg in a place called Beirut. A shame there wasn't an Evans steel Verve box in there to deflect the the mortar fragment, but I'm sure it's not a total loss. Perhaps you can go retrieve it over the weekend? :)

According to the latest round of Concord e-mails, my orders were filled by some guy named 'Chewy, Chew Chew's Brother' and they've all been packed with the wrong cds and sent to the wrong address!!

Oh sh** !

:o:g

According to company shipping records, yours is now sitting in the lobby of a small apt. bldg in a place called Beirut. A shame there wasn't an Evans steel Verve box in there to deflect the the mortar fragment, but I'm sure it's not a total loss. Perhaps you can go retrieve it over the weekend? :)

:lol:

Wow, where had Red Garland's Piano been all my life?

garlan_red~_redgarlan_101b.jpg

Nice, ain't it! Got that on a whim from emusic last month and liked it so much I ordered it as part of the sale. :w

EDIT: I just noticed I was the 333 post in this thread :party:

Edited by LJazz

Finally called them today, and the person i spoke with (who didn't seem frazzled or upset, luckily) told me that typically things go to the warehouse in 5-7 days from the time of order, and then it takes 2-3 days for the warehouse to ship the order.

So my order last Wednesday is still within the 5-7 day window of being sent to the warehouse apparently. He said I should receive a shipping notice (with tracking number) in a couple of days.

I'm not convinced they're sending orders to the warehouse in the order they were received, based on the comments in this thread, but I guess if my order actually arrives here I can't complain too much, at this price.

I ordered 33 CD's plus the Coltrane Box last Wednesday, and have heard nothing since. Order #5584.

I feel like the 12th man who hasn't been called in to play yet.

That's spooky. I ordered 33 plus the Coltrane Box last Wednesday and have heard nothing since too. Order #5589.

<Insert theremin music>

And now mine are shipping! I had complete confidence that would happen the whole time. ;) I'm sure this means my order taking neighbors orders are on their way too.

Received a shipping confirmation today for the first order that I placed...only 3 days after receiving one for the second order. :huh:

Everything appears to have shipped, though, so hopefully it will all arrive safely upon my doorstep in a few days.

Glad some of you guys have begun to receive your shipments - hope you're enjoying all the new music!

Are the CDs shipped from Northern California or Southern California?

My tracking info:

Jul 20, 2006 3:09 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

TOLEDO, OH

Jul 18, 2006 12:26 PM

Departed FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

5:38 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA Jul 17, 2006 8:16 PM

Left origin SAN LEANDRO, CA 6:18 PM

Arrived at FedEx location SAN LEANDRO, CA 4:59 PM

Picked up SAN LEANDRO, CA 3:23 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx BEVERLY HILLS, CA

I called Concord today too, and spoke with a person named Yousuf who told me the same thing about orders "processing" 5-7 days after they are received and shipping soon after that.

He said my order was at the warehouse but had not shipped yet.

I explained that this seemed at odds with the email confirmation I got, which said my order would ship on July 18th (2 days ago). I also explained that I was part of a gang of jazz fans and many of our orders seemed to be shipping willy nilly with not much logic to the order or relationship to the confirmation emails.

He said they had heard similar things from some other customers, and were starting to think some of the confirmation emails were going out erroneously. He asked me to forward him the email, which I did.

Haven't heard back.

Finally got confirmation on my big order from last Wednesday. 136 of 143 shipped. I'm not taking the time to figure out which 7 didn't.

Hopefully, not the 7 you were planning to keep. ;)

Taken with the humor intended :-). The great majority of this order for me will be upgrading everything in sight to K2's from the original CD releases, so I'll both be keeping most of the titles, and yet having those same titles available on my trade list!