are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

I got mine today and had to check my receipt. I accidentally ordered two copies of the K2 version of Cannonball's "Know What I Mean"? My wife said, "That's ok, I'll take it to work. I like him."

WHA?!?!? :blink:

When I first met her, she said she hated the saxophone. Of course, her exposure to saxophone was through Kenny G, Clarence Clemons, and that horrible guy that played on INXS records.

:crazy:

They did not ship a copy of "Soultrane" so that must be sold out. Oh well. 31 present and accounted for and nary a broken case in sight.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the CDs shipped from Northern California or Southern California?

My tracking info:

Jul 20, 2006 3:09 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

TOLEDO, OH

Jul 18, 2006 12:26 PM

Departed FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

5:38 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA Jul 17, 2006 8:16 PM

Left origin SAN LEANDRO, CA 6:18 PM

Arrived at FedEx location SAN LEANDRO, CA 4:59 PM

Picked up SAN LEANDRO, CA 3:23 PM

Delivered to LARRYCURLEYMOE in Urbana, Illinois! :g

Package data transmitted to FedEx BEVERLY HILLS, CA

Yeah Chuck, I think I know where your shipment is!

Just kidding....

Bought my own OJC's, not all from the "big sale"...digging the Lem Winchester releases, Webster Young, Honi Gordon, and a great number of those FABULOUS 1961 recordings in the "New Orleans (and) Chicago Living Legends" series Chris Albertson produced...my god these ought be kept in print always in one large BOX SET, IMO!

Edited by LarryCurleyMoe

i broke down and called again.

concord insists that they are filling all orders in the order received.

if any of you who have actually received your cd's could list your order number, it would be greatly appreciated.

they say that all orders should be filled within 7 business days.

i pointed out that it has been 7 business days on my order, and then i was told that it should be filled as early as monday.

i have no idea what is going on.

i still have heard nothing since last wednesday when i placed my large order.

concord insists that they are filling all orders in the order received.

We've firmly established that's not the case. Too many of us with a second, smaller order (mine for an overseas friend) that were filled before our first, larger orders were.

We've firmly established that's not the case. Too many of us with a second, smaller order (mine for an overseas friend) that were filled before our first, larger orders were.

we here know that is not the case, but they insist that the message boards are wrong.

if i can present them with order numbers of people who have actually received their cd's, they might see the error in their ways.

Sure, if you wish to build a case...

Initial Order No. 5536, placed 7/12/06 at 11:19 CDT

Shipping notification received 7/17/06 at noon (with an order number of 12184, go figure)

Received 7/19/06

30+ and the bill evans box

Good luck.

we here know that is not the case, but they insist that the message boards are wrong.

if i can present them with order numbers of people who have actually received their cd's, they might see the error in their ways.

thanks pete.

your order number is below mine, so point for concord.

Kulu, I'm waiting with you. I placed two orders. The first:

Order Number : 5551

Placed : 07/12/2006 13:17:04 CDT

shipped: 7/17/2006 -- Not yet received

The second order:

Order Number : 5610

Placed : 07/12/2006 21:29:24 CDT (note: about 8 hours later)

No shipping confirmation yet

This supports Concord's statement also, but I find it difficult to believe that it has taken them 4 days and they still haven't gotten to orders placed within 8 hours of orders that have already shipped -- but who knows.

Has anyone noticed that they seem to have more CDs in the blowout section of the website again? They started with 225 Jazz CDs, went down to 212 and now its back up to 223. Also the Coltrane box was missing for a little while and now it's back. :wacko:

Edited by LJazz

Has anyone noticed that they seem to have more CDs in the blowout section of the website again? They started with 225 Jazz CDs, went down to 212 and now its back up to 223. Also the Coltrane box was missing for a little while and now it's back. :wacko:

Great news on the Coltrane box -- 18 cds at $69.00 + S/H is one great buy. I feel the need to start delving into Coltrane, who I've never really spent any time on over the years.

Very high estimate of 500 orders * 50 discs average per order (also high) = 25,000 CDs to process in the 7 business days of this sale. That's about 3600 per day, or 446 discs per working hour. If they only have 1 or 2 people in the warehouse processing orders, I guess I can see why this is taking so long. If the number is more like 4 or 5 people, the delays get less reasonable...

Very high estimate of 500 orders * 50 discs average per order (also high) = 25,000 CDs to process in the 7 business days of this sale. That's about 3600 per day, or 446 discs per working hour. If they only have 1 or 2 people in the warehouse processing orders, I guess I can see why this is taking so long. If the number is more like 4 or 5 people, the delays get less reasonable...

Great way to get some room in your warehouse, but the question about Concord is: What's going to replace those cds?

:blush: Made not one but two big orders today :blush: Well, the one good thing is that even when I was heavy into building up my jazz collection, I didn't get too many OJC's, so they're all new to me. But darn! that takes care of my cd money for a long, long, time -- I still can't believe it. :ph34r: