are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

I wish. Here's the invoice:

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 OJCCD-131-2 CANCELED: John Coltrane - Lush Life

Dude, I just noticed--that's the OJC. The K2 (PRCD-7188-2) IS still available.

Aww, you're kidding? :mellow: Rats.... I coulda sworn that I ordered the K2.

Guess Chuck was right about someone getting 'mixed up'. :w

Hey, if you've exhausted the other jazz titles, you could always fill out another order with some Debbie Boone and Michael Bolton (see? there IS an advantage to the Concord takeover).

Naaa, screw it. Time to walk away. Can't cry about a cd. Gotta stay positive! I saved $3!!! yelgreedy.gif

mecry.gif

:g

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally received shipment confirmation of my order from the evening of July 12. All 40 CDs ordered were shipped.

I ordered the evening of July 12 (close to midnight Eastern time). No shipment confirmation yet. Will phone tomorrow.

I suspect you will hear something tomorrow anyway. I received my shipping confirm this afternoon for an order placed at about 9:30 p.m. on July 12. They seem to be getting there -- albeit slowly.

I'm now reading nearly 30 pages of Us american folks being able to buy-out Concord records and feel sad not being able to get those K2's ...but here's my deadly revenge:

2001 has the 12 CD complete Mingus Debut recording in stock and on sale for unbeatable 30€ ! :g

So after pressing the prder now button.. I can now be very relaxed when reading all the good stuff you got...

Cheers, Oliver

Edited by tjobbe

BTW, out of curiousity, who was the first to place an order with them for this sale and what was his/her order number? My latest, which I just placed, had an order number of 6122. My last one, which I have already received, was order 5643, placed on July 13th. If the order numbers are sequential (and there's no reason to believe they are not) that is a shitload of orders in a short amount of time!!!

Based on the Concord e-mails, the only item to date that has been cancelled (...out of roughly 110 discs) is Coltrane's 'Lush Life'. Not bad. Everything is in transit.

Whoopee - even my 'Lem's Beat' :excited:

Not so fast!!!! Your little precious is now being held in the basement while a 'Lem-for-Lush Life' prisoner swap is being negotiated. :cool: I'm adhereing to Geneva Convention dicates and letting it out for 10 minutes of fresh air and one cigarette per day.

Dear Concord:

That Wes Montgomery box set must really be weighing down your earnings per share, given that such a massive box set sells rather slowly. It kind of reminds me of the Coltrane and Bill Evans box sets. You could really have a short-term positive impact on earnings (not to mention stock value) by including the Wes Montgomery box set in your current online sale at, say, 80% off of list price.

Sincerely,

A friend.

Dear Concord:

That Wes Montgomery box set must really be weighing down your earnings per share, given that such a massive box set sells rather slowly. It kind of reminds me of the Coltrane and Bill Evans box sets. You could really have a short-term positive impact on earnings (not to mention stock value) by including the Wes Montgomery box set in your current online sale at, say, 80% off of list price.

Sincerely,

A friend.

P.S. And that Joe Henderson box set, too.

I'm now reading nearly 30 pages of Us american folks being able to buy-out Concord records and feel sad not being able to get those K2's ...but here's my deadly revenge:

2001 has the 12 CD complete Mingus Debut recording in stock and on sale for unbeatable 30€ ! :g

So after pressing the prder now button.. I can now be very relaxed when reading all the good stuff you got...

Cheers, Oliver

With your "smilie" I am not sure that you were serious about this, or not. If this is a serious offer by 2001, how can I find it online? I tried to find it, but without success ... Do you have an item number?

In the meantime, like most of us, I am awaiting my two orders from Concord ...

Cheers, Oliver

With your "smilie" I am not sure that you were serious about this, or not. If this is a serious offer by 2001, how can I find it online? I tried to find it, but without success ... Do you have an item number?

you need to enter the following article code 502925 into the "Bestellzettel" to get it... my order is already confirmed.

They also have added some quite nice OJC (Tjader, Manne, Golson, Mraz) that I order alongside. You can only find those via CD->JAzz-> list them all, sorted by price or Artist. They are right now not found when entering the appropriate string into the Search box

Hope that helps...

Cheers, Oliver

Cheers, Oliver

you need to enter the following article code 502925 into the "Bestellzettel" to get it... my order is already confirmed.

They also have added some quite nice OJC (Tjader, Manne, Golson, Mraz) that I order alongside. You can only find those via CD->JAzz-> list them all, sorted by price or Artist. They are right now not found when entering the appropriate string into the Search box

Hope that helps...

Cheers, Oliver

Danke Oliver. I just placed the order .. I had an E24,00 credit with them, and this is one of those items that I would not necessarily have sprung for a full price ... I do have the 4-CD Debut Records Story set .. but having the complete albums will provide greater satisfaction. This item seems to be "hidden" as without the number you so kindly provided I could not call it up...

Garth.

Dear Concord:

Sincerely,

A friend.

P.S. And that Joe Henderson box set, too.

From your lips to Concord's ears.

I ordered on 7/12 too. According to FedEx, package is in Ohio and should be here in DC tomorrow.

:excited:

I can then wait patiently for my second order placed on 7/19 :w

Good luck!!! I'm on the Alexandria/Arlington line and my packages were loaded on the delivery truck at at the main Alexandria facility at 1:00 am Sunday/Monday and still haven't arrived -- 10 miles away!!! :wacko: Apparently, they incorrectly flagged the address as 'business' rather than 'residence' and they went on the wrong truck!! This has happened w/them before. Nimrods! When ya have a choice....UPS is always the way to go imo!