are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

Has anyone received their shipment without getting the third email with the tracking number?

I got the first two emails quickly and the shipping date was supposed to be Tues the 18th but I haven't got the 3rd email to confirm shipping and certainly haven't seen any discs. My order number was 566x

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone received their shipment without getting the third email with the tracking number?

I got the first two emails quickly and the shipping date was supposed to be Tues the 18th but I haven't got the 3rd email to confirm shipping and certainly haven't seen any discs. My order number was 566x

Sort of. The third email I got was from FedEx, not Concord. The second email, from Concord, also had the tracking number in it.

Finally got two e-mails today, one from Concord and one from Fed-Ex. It looks like some of you got a 'first' e-mail that I never got.

All titles except Soultrane are on their way.

Noticed that Worktime has again dropped off their list. What's that all about?

Bertrand.

...to this day, I have not even received the second email. Got the first on quickly and the third (shipping confirmtaion) one this Monday but never got the second one.

...got my tracking number which said my package should be delivered on 7/28....checked it again today and it now says the 31st.....I guess I shouldn't check it again, it may be the middle of August....

m~

Speaking of tracking numbers, I checked mine on Tuesday and Fed ex reported that the package had been delivered to my home that afternoon. Only, I had been home that afternoon and no package had been delivered :o

I put a trace on it and started looking for it myself. Those Raymond Chandler novels I've been reading this summer came in handy as I quickly deduced that it must have been delivered to the correct number address but the wrong street <_<

Sure enough, one street over, there it was, my package baking in the afternoon sun on someone else's porch. On the plus side, when I got it home I was happy to see everything was well-packed (no cracked cases), although my ordered was slightly messed up (they included a Bud Shank CD instead of the Charles McPherson CD I ordered).

this one appeared in the 2,99 corner of 2001 (saw it first yesterday, I think):

Israels, Chuck

HANNOVER PHILHARMONIC PLAYS MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY CHUCK ISRAELS

Nardis explorations, Monkworks, Reflections on Shanandoah, Dark tapestry, Lover man, Great stream variations) Mit Ack van Rooyen/Flügelhorn, Thomas Clausen/Klavier, Radio Philharmonie Hannover des NDR/Chuck Israels. mood. Nur bei uns. CD 2,99 €. Nr. 599053.

maybe you fell better after ordering it...

Thank you. What is 2001?

Thank you. What is 2001?

http://www.zweitausendeins.de/artikel/cds/jazz/ and sort by price. They sell the Germany's previous Fantasy distributors overstock items at an unbeatable low price (ok...you can now order directly at the source :D)

Cheers, Tjobbe

Note: german website only but check out the appropriate thread on 2001 currently active to find out he latest "news"

Edited by tjobbe

Thank you. What is 2001?

http://www.zweitausendeins.de/artikel/cds/jazz/ and sort by price. They sell the Germany's previous Fantasy distributors overstock items at an unbeatable low price (ok...you can now order directly at the source :D)

Cheers, Tjobbe

Note: german website only but check out the appropriate thread on 2001 currently active to find out he latest "news"

If you don't understand German, try using this to translate blocks of text on the 2001 site (that's what I do, and it works very well).

On the plus side, when I got it home I was happy to see everything was well-packed (no cracked cases),

Agreed. I have to say that they really did a nice job packing these things up....they certainly didn't have to double-box the cds and such. I'm tired of receiving packages that are thrown together by clods so I think I'll call these folks today and thank them.

I finally got a tracking number late last night! Woohoo!

Oddly, my package is going north, instead of east.

Well, it left Sacramento on Tuesday evening, and hasn't been seen (or tracked) since. :huh:

...unless someone pulled a "montg" on me and took it off my porch :P

I finally got a tracking number late last night! Woohoo!

Oddly, my package is going north, instead of east.

Well, it left Sacramento on Tuesday evening, and hasn't been seen (or tracked) since. :huh:

...unless someone pulled a "montg" on me and took it off my porch :P

I think it's sitting somewhere right next to your first Zweitausendeins order.

And HEY! Bob Dylan is America's Wolf Biermann!

(Or is that Minnesota's Robert Zimmerman? :huh: )

I think it's sitting somewhere right next to your first Zweitausendeins order.

And HEY! Bob Dylan is America's Wolf Biermann!

(Or is that Minnesota's Robert Zimmerman? :huh: )

...you hadda go there, eh? :P It was hard enough for me to pull the trigger on my new 2001 order, ya know!

and i'll take a Bier over a Zimmer any day.

plakat-arzt-1.jpg

What's so special about the non-20 bit "Lush Life?"

If anyone wants it, they can pm me. I'll happily trade it.

Nothing, I don't believe. I was just trying to make a point that it (along with Soultrane) were gone from the sale and, as Bertrand said, nobody who has ordered them actually seems to have gotten it, but now it's back on the site as though it's available. Just seemed strange to me that those CDs were canceled from orders but are now listed as for sale.