are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

I'm little concerned that today's random listing of what's included in the sale excludes Ugetsu, Lush Life, Traneing In, Dolphy @ the Five Spot, Explorations, Misterioso, Plays Duke Ellington. Hopefully the copies of these titles in my unconfirmed order will arrive by mid-September. ...Patience.

Several of those titles are in my 2 pending orders, also. I'm afraid that their disappearance from the sale pages is bad news. :( I was told in a couple of different phone calls with Concord that titles are removed from the sale when they become physically out-of-stock, and not when stock is exhausted by pending orders. Which makes this even more of a slow water torture, watching titles I ordered gradually drop out of stock while my first order languishes for 17 days and counting.

OTOH, the customer reps at Concord may not know what they're talking about, and we'll end up with everything we ordered. :excited:

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes this even more of a slow water torture, watching titles I ordered gradually drop out of stock while my first order languishes for 17 days and counting.

Ron's public torturing continues....

:lol:

Good thing all of mine are still listed on the page, but then I didn't order 80 of them! :g

Received confirmation on my third order -- which was all K-2's. Got all the Blakey's, the Monk's but Art Pepper: Smack Up wasn't filled. This order was placed 7/22 no. 6052. Still no "Complete Coltrane." :(

PS: Sorry Ron S: I must be special... :)

Edited by Matthew

The Coltrane box has now been dropped from the sale pages (although, like the deleted Evans box, it still shows up on an artist search). Meanwhile, a bunch of K-2s that had been dropped (Dolphy, Monk, Rollins, etc.), are now back. :wacko:

EDIT: Now the Coltrane AND the Evans boxes are both back. And they're back up to 223 total jazz titles. That's it--I give up. :unsure::ph34r:

Edited by Ron S

Sucks about Ugetsu though. Everyone should have that one...

My favorite Freddie Hubbard trumpet solo ever is on the title track. I think the First Blakey I ever bought (ca 1972-73) was a twofer called 'Thermo' which combined 'Ugetsu' and 'Caravan'.

The Coltrane box has now been dropped from the sale pages (although, like the deleted Evans box, it still shows up on an artist search). Meanwhile, a bunch of K-2s that had been dropped (Dolphy, Monk, Rollins, etc.), are now back. :wacko:

EDIT: Now the Coltrane AND the Evans boxes are both back. And they're back up to 223 total jazz titles. That's it--I give up. :unsure::ph34r:

Ron, This is a Patti Page event ("Que Se Ra, Se Ra, whatever will be will be....). Don't sweat it!

Ron, This is a Patti Page event ("Que Se Ra, Se Ra, whatever will be will be....). Don't sweat it!

That's true--I can always come out to K of P and listen to your CDs. :w (And wasn't that Doris Day?)

Lon,

When did you place your second and final order?

Did it contain any of the Coltrane, Evans, Monk K2's (whose apparent availability flickers as the "processing" days/weeks pass by)? --no need to share your complete order.

My second and final order was placed Aug 1, and included several Miles, Monk, Evans, Coltrane titles. Hoping most of these arrive, but Dolphy 5 Spot appears unlikely now.

I placed my order on the 23rd July.

Here's the order:

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1823-2 Lil Hardin Armstrong - Chicago: The Living Legends $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1888-2 Harry Babasin/Bob Enevoldsen - Jazz In Hollywood $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1896-2 Walter Bishop, Jr. Trio - The Walter Bishop, Jr. Trio $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 RCD-9438-2 Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Caravan $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 RITB-9464-2 Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Ugetsu $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1835-2 Peter Bocage - New Orleans: The Living Legends $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1825-2 Junie C. Cobb And His New Hometown Band - Chicago: The Living Legends $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7123-2 John Coltrane - Traneing In $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7188-2 John Coltrane - Lush Life $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7105-2 John Coltrane - Coltrane $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRTB-7044-2 Miles Davis - Collectors' Items $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7109-2 Miles Davis - Bag's Groove $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7076-2 Miles Davis All Stars - Walkin' $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7129-2 Miles Davis Quintet - Relaxin' With Miles $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7200-2 Miles Davis Quintet - Steamin' with the Miles Davis Quintet $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7166-2 Miles Davis Quintet - Workin' with the Miles Davis Quintet $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 NJCD-8260-2 CANCELED: Eric Dolphy - Eric Dolphy at the Five Spot, Vol. 1 $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-123-2 Jon Eardley - The Jon Eardley Seven $2.98

Ordered: 2 Shipped: 2 OJCCD-1746-2 Jon Eardley - From Hollywood to New York $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PACD-2310-762-2 Duke Ellington - The Ellington Suites $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1907-2 Don Friedman Quartet - Dreams and Explorations $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-984-2 Frank Foster - Soul Outing! $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1887-2 Herbie Harper - Jazz In Hollywood $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1705-2 Hampton Hawes Quartet - Piano: East/West $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-977-2 Dom Um Romao - Hotmosphere $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1878-2 Duane Tatro - Jazz For Moderns $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1833-2 Kid Thomas & His Algiers Stompers - New Orleans: The Living Legends $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1845-2 Kid Thomas & His Algiers Stompers - New Orleans: The Living Legends $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 GTJCD-10060-2 Various Artists - At The Jazz Band Ball $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 OJCCD-1826-2 Albert Wynn & His Gutbucket Seven - Chicago: The Living Legends $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7027-2 Thelonious Monk Trio - Thelonious Monk Trio $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7086-2 Red Garland - Red Garland's Piano $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PRCD-7130-2 Red Garland Quintet - All Mornin' Long $2.98

Ordered: 2 Shipped: 2 CCD-3523-2 Hampton Hawes - Everybody Likes Hampton Hawes/The Trio: Vol. 3 $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 CCD-14072-2 Hampton Hawes - Something Special $2.98

Edited by jazzbo

Thanks Lon,

Looks like my pending order includes 12 titles that you did receive (Blakey, Coltrane, Davis, Garland, Hawes), in addition to Dolphy 5 Spot. I shall remain optimistic, and try to remain patient. Looks like 20 business days to process rather than the advertised 10 - 12. So I have another week or week and a half (at least). Must remain patient, and in the meantime smile while listening to Hawes, and Drew, and ...

My order #6219, placed very late 7/28, just shipped. I had quite a few non-fills:

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 RITB-9464-2 CANCELED: Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Ugetsu $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 NJCD-8260-2 CANCELED: Eric Dolphy - Eric Dolphy at the Five Spot, Vol. 1 $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 PRCD-8236-2 CANCELED: Eric Dolphy - Outward Bound $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 RCD-9351-2 CANCELED: Bill Evans Trio - Explorations $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 RCD-1133-2 CANCELED: Thelonious Monk - Misterioso $2.98

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 RCD-201-2 CANCELED: Thelonious Monk - Plays Duke Ellington $2.98

Edited by T.D.