are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

My 7/24 order shipped today. Only Dolphy's "Outward Bound" and "Five Spot" were no-shows. Everything else shipped, including the Coltrane and Evans boxes and "Ugetsu". So it appears that even though some larger orders like mine are taking longer to fill, they are attempting to give earlier orders preference on low-stock CDs.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Evans box that I thought I missed out on is apparently on it's way. The charge had been pulled off my credit card which led me to believe that I missed out but today I received my FedEx information which indicated that the box is supposed to arrive on the 25th. It confused the hell out of me but if I get the box I can live with that.

If in doubt, a phone call is recommended. I called today. Spoke to a very helpful guy. Received my shipping confirmation tonight. Out of 30 CDs, 6 were cancelled........Eric Dolphy Outward Bound (at the Five Spot K-2 is shipping!); Elmo Hope Hope Meets Foster; Monk Misterioso K-2;; Monk Plays Ellington K-2; Oliver Nelson Screamin' the Blues; and Rollins Worktime K-2 (very disappointed!!).

I hope my phone call didn't rush them too much today. BTW the total dollar amount wasn't on this confirmation as on my first shipment. I trust they deduct for those that didn't ship.

If in doubt, a phone call is recommended. I called today. Spoke to a very helpful guy. Received my shipping confirmation tonight. Out of 30 CDs, 6 were cancelled........Eric Dolphy Outward Bound (at the Five Spot K-2 is shipping!); Elmo Hope Hope Meets Foster; Monk Misterioso K-2;; Monk Plays Ellington K-2; Oliver Nelson Screamin' the Blues; and Rollins Worktime K-2 (very disappointed!!).

I hope my phone call didn't rush them too much today. BTW the total dollar amount wasn't on this confirmation as on my first shipment. I trust they deduct for those that didn't ship.

When did you place that order? Some of those are on my 7/29 order, about which I've heard nada.

I just spoke to Jackson about my order (which includes no boxes and was placed on 8/1). He said they are still working on July orders. I asked if he knew anything about the availability of items that were advertised as available when I placed my order. He looked at my order and said the following titles were

"just about out": Ugetsu, Lush Life, Traneing In, Dolphy 5 Spot, and

"low": Explorations, Everybody Likes Hawes, Misterioso (closest to moving to above category).

I think Monk Plays Ellington was also in this latter category.

My order also includes, among others, Workin', Steamin', Relaxin', Everybody Digs Evans, Caravan, Coltrane, 4,5,6, Monk's Music, Know What I Mean?, Things are Getting Better, Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section. I identified several of these by name and he said they still had plenty of each of them.

Given several instances of Dolphy 5 Spot not being delivered, I wonder how up to date these indications really are.

I didn't ask specifically about Draper Tuba Sounds. Looking forward to that first listen...

I placed this particular order on 7/25. I called Concord because on a precious post by T.D. his order, which was placed on 7/28 and had a higher order #, shipped before mine.

I don't think that's so unusual. My first order (forget the date; details are many, many pages back on this thread) didn't ship until a whole bunch of later orders were shipped (and many of those even arrived at their destination before I got my shipping confirm!). I do get the impression that Concord's order-filling process has become more orderly, though.

Wonderful...for my order on August 6 I tried to pay with one of those stupid "use anywhere" gift Visa debit cards that I got as a present from a well-meaning but misguided parent. (Psst...there's a wonderful version of the "use anywhere" gift card that's existed for years - it's called a check.) I registered the card and everything for Internet purchases, then I look at the balance today and see that apparently Concord declined ("reversed") the transaction anyway, despite sending me that first order confirmation. Fantastic...it's gonna be a fun day on the phone Monday.

Is it possible that I'm looking at some kind of pre-authorization that will actually go through once they fill the order and ship?

Edited by Big Wheel

It's amazing to me that they've had this sale for going on two months now and there are still large numbers of things that haven't sold out. What are they going to do if all this stuff is still sitting in the warehouse in October, discount it to $.99 per CD?

If I were them, and stuck with CDs I wanted out the door, I would not lower the price below $2.99, but instead I would lower the number of discs needed to be purchased in order to obtain that price.

It's amazing to me that they've had this sale for going on two months now and there are still large numbers of things that haven't sold out. What are they going to do if all this stuff is still sitting in the warehouse in October, discount it to $.99 per CD?

If I were them, and stuck with CDs I wanted out the door, I would not lower the price below $2.99, but instead I would lower the number of discs needed to be purchased in order to obtain that price.

Or they could just sell overseas. -_-

(I'm sure there are some licensing restrictions that are preventing them from doing so but with them and Hip-o-select it can get a bit irritating. Thank goodness for Dusty Groove and the people on this board!)

"Action" Jackson called this evening to say that I'll be getting a shippng confirmation shortly. He cannot yet vouch as to what was being sent, but looks like most of it.

I told Jackson to check out some of the jazz fora such as ours; gave him the web address; and mentioned that he has attained something near cult status on this board. :g

"Action" Jackson called this evening to say that I'll be getting a shippng confirmation shortly. He cannot yet vouch as to what was being sent, but looks like most of it.

I told Jackson to check out some of the jazz fora such as ours; gave him the web address; and mentioned that he has attained something near cult status on this board. :g

Jackson hooked me up also. I spoke with him last Friday about my final order that was languishing in no man's land, it shipped the following Monday, and I received it yesterday. And he called me to let me know it was shipping. Finally someone at Concord (Jackson) stepped up to the plate.

I called Jackson last week about my Aug 1 order. He said to call him back Tuesday (today) if nothing had happened yet. So I called him this afternoon, as nothing has happened yet. When I got home from work there was a phone message from Jackson apologizing that they still hadn't shipped it, and a promise to call me with more updates (if status doesn't change on Wednesday, the 21st business day after I placed the order). I guess I should appreciate the "customer service", but I wish they'd just hire some (more) temporary help to work the blowout. Looks like I may be out of luck with respect to Hampon Hawes Vol 3 (among other titles). Patience.

Edited by Patrick