are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what we know so far, SS:

1) All 20-bit remasterings are disappearing. If you see any you want, your best bets are the Concord site (where they may or may not be part of the sale) and Borders', which still has some. All other stores seem to have sent them back.

2) The 'limited edition 3000 copies' titles are slowly disappearing in the sense that they will not print more, and they are trying to accelerate the disappearance by having the sale. This is not true of all titles, and I have no idea how to tell which ones will go first. For example, I would imagine the Larry Young titles do not sell all that well, yet they were not part of the clearance sale.

3) The 'normal' OJCs, for the most part, seem to be left alone, unless they are turning into RVGs in which case the original title MIGHT be going OOP. Some titles remain available as both 'normal' OJCs and RVGs.

No clear pattern, as you can see. Only one absolute: if there's a 20-bit you want, get it fast.

Bertrand.

Actually, almost everything available in this sale is now out of print in the configuration available through the sale. Some titles are being reissued (RVG), and one imagines other titles will be reissued and/or reprinted. But almost everything is currently out of print/stock.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember who first recommended the K2 "Monk's Music", but thanks! I finally got one (from an Amazon Marketplace seller...actually a 2nd try....the first one turned out to be a regular OJC), and it's a revelation, for sure. I'm not going to go trash my stereo version(s), but the mono mix is really gorgeous. Strangely, the ensemble sounds clearer in balance, and less unkempt....I'm not sure what it is about the stereo mix that makes it seem more ragged (maybe the ragged tonal quality makes it seem less together), anyhow, all I can say is grab this sucker before it vanishes completely!

Looks like the Summer Blowout Sale is now officially over. Hopefully, they're busy putting together the Winter Blowout Sale. :w

Nothing for sale on the site. If you go to the sales section it refers you to Amazon while they move their warehouse. Guess everything is going to LA.

I have to wonder, will the estimable Action Jackson also be moving to LA? Seems questionable, but let's hope so...

Looks like the Summer Blowout Sale is now officially over. Hopefully, they're busy putting together the Winter Blowout Sale. :w

Nothing for sale on the site. If you go to the sales section it refers you to Amazon while they move their warehouse. Guess everything is going to LA.

I have to wonder, will the estimable Action Jackson also be moving to LA? Seems questionable, but let's hope so...

I bet Mr Jackson was in LA the whole time.

I bet Mr Jackson was in LA the whole time.

Actually, Beverly Hills. He's a Concord Man through and through (either that or a Hillbilly).