are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me if the copies of Art Pepper's "Winter Moon" and Bill Evans' "At Shelly's Manne Hole" are the K2s or the regular OJC's? The copies of the covers are not showing up on my screen.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the copies of Art Pepper's "Winter Moon" and Bill Evans' "At Shelly's Manne Hole" are the K2s or the regular OJC's? The copies of the covers are not showing up on my screen.

Thanks!

I believe both are regular issues.

Cool, thanks Chuck. I'll be picking both of them up regardless.

Do they only ship to the US???!!!! :blink:

Yep, fraid so - been there, done it... :crazy:

I guess we have zweitausendeins..

:bad: I can't believe it!! I missed the Evans and Coltrane sets on 2001! It's time for me to buy a place in the US just to buy jazz.....

How can they justify this??!! This is incredible!

:bad: I can't believe it!! I missed the Evans and Coltrane sets on 2001! It's time for me to buy a place in the US just to buy jazz.....

I'll go halves with you.

(very small plot in North Dakota with P.O. box number perhaps?) :rhappy:

Edited by sidewinder

I'll go halves with you.

(very small plot in North Dakota with P.O. box number perhaps?) :rhappy:

Yes, North Dakota or Montana would do the trick.... :D

With the going rate of house prices in the south west of England, I am sure that if you and me were to sell our front gardens to a bunch of students happy to camp, we could strike a good deal on the other side of the pond... :w

Edited by ASNL77

Somehow I am relieved they don not ship internationally, although there are only few items I'd really like to have - I've been buying OJCs etc. more often than Blue Notes over the years. I guess I had my share from Zweitausendeins - spent more than a hundred bucks there since spring.

I think they use this sale to reduce duplications - they sell out all the K2s and many titles that probably will be RVG'd in the near future. Relatively few rarities among them - I found several much more interesting titles here, but not a single K2!

138 - some extras of titles I already have to trade off in the future, some to just try for the education (at $2.99, I should be able to move them along without a meaningful loss), a whole lot of upgrades to the 20-bit K2's, which I was not willing to do at retail but can't not do at $2.99. Will have to be selling a whole lot of stuff on ebay to recoup this expense, but how can I not do this?

I think they use this sale to reduce duplications - they sell out all the K2s and many titles that probably will be RVG'd in the near future. Relatively few rarities among them

Agreed. I took advantage of this sale to grab a ton of essential K2 titles. I had many on the shortlist already but had been holding off of these for a while, as Blue Note CDs had been mostly cheaper.

Krugcel.jpg

Posting classified photos of our private retreat??? Comrade, have you gone barko mad??? Get out of that globally warmed Virginia summer air and restore your sanity at once!!! Only my deep sense of friendship, strenuous scruples, and profound gratitude for the cache of vodka that recently came my way have prevented me from calling the NSA at once. That plus the fact that I am "stinking blotto," as you say, and just ordered $140 worth of CDs from this cunning Concorde sale. Best deals I've found since a spring '93 blowout sale on winter underwear at the Red Army Surplus in downtown Moscow!!!

And now back to shouting at my young nephew to mow the estate. Worthless rapscallion!!!

Edited by The Red Menace

138 - some extras of titles I already have to trade off in the future, some to just try for the education (at $2.99, I should be able to move them along without a meaningful loss), a whole lot of upgrades to the 20-bit K2's, which I was not willing to do at retail but can't not do at $2.99. Will have to be selling a whole lot of stuff on ebay to recoup this expense, but how can I not do this?

thanks felser!

i was afraid i had the record.

i ordered 62, but we'll see how many actually ship.

i also ordered many of the k2 titles.

i am purchasing some of these for the 3rd time, but at $2.98 a pop i can't be too mad.

does anyone know anything about the bluesville titles.

i was very tempted, but that would have put me over $200 and a trip to the couch.

Geez. 40 + for me as well as the Coltrane and Evans boxes. As good a time as any to really get my collection going. Now I'll need to take about a year off to catch up on listening. :blink:

Good job!

I showed "restraint" with 33 + the 16 disc Coltrane box. Weeeeeeeeeeee! That'll take some time to go thru! And to think when Alldirect went down I was bummed that it would be harder to get the JC for less than $140.

I upgraded 7 of my Monk, Dolphy & Miles to K2s and I figure with the money I'll get for the old ones I've probably upgraded for somewhere between free and maybe 50 cents per. Had to do it!

Looks like Mosaic won't be getting any of my money for awhile. (Crossing fingers that certain sets suddenly don't hit "Last Chance" anytime soon!) The giant grab bag of OJCs is loads of fun as I've done it before, though nothing quite this big.

Oh heck, now I've got to expand the shelving. :rolleyes:

Somehow I am relieved they don not ship internationally, although there are only few items I'd really like to have - I've been buying OJCs etc. more often than Blue Notes over the years.

I looked, I looked again, I thought about it, I thought about it some more, and... I bought nothing. I know, that's crazy talk, but I just didn't see anything I had to have, and there's no way I could come up with 30 titles that I thought I'd ever get around to listening to- not even at $2.98. I think the compulsive years (which were SERIOUS while they lasted, believe me) are in the past for me. I think I may even be content. :unsure::)

But I envy a lot of you guys who are grabbing stacks of good stuff for peanuts. Great sale.

Edited by Jim R