are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

Holy crap, when do you guys have that kind of time to listen to 30+ discs from one shipment? I mean, if you buy too much heroin you just overdose, but you actually have to listen to the CDs, you can't just inject them into your arm...

Not sure if you are asking how I ration my heroin or my listening. They are handled differently. :)

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, when do you guys have that kind of time to listen to 30+ discs from one shipment? I mean, if you buy too much heroin you just overdose, but you actually have to listen to the CDs, you can't just inject them into your arm...

All day, babe. The only time I'm out of earshot is when I step out to try and bean the squirrel that keeps chewing up the thistle feeder and pissing off the goldfinches!! I can iron 5 shirts per LP side too! Recently discovered that if you flip it to the horizontal position, you can whiz through 8 a side!! :excited:

16H752.jpg

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

I listen all day at work. I can get through as many as 10 a day as I stare into the computer and type and click.

All day, babe. The only time I'm out of earshot is when I step out to try and bean the squirrel that keeps chewing up the thistle feeder and pissing off the goldfinches!! I can iron 5 shirts per LP side too! Recently discovered that if you flip it to the horizontal position, you can whiz through 8 a side!! :excited:

iron_board.jpg

So, while I'm ignoring starving children, you are trying to exterminate small mammals. Just want to keep the score card straight.

Well, yeah.....'cause the kids can use that small sewin' machine I done bought them in Dec. to make mittens and ear muffs for wintertime 'cause I already used up the 2006 clothing fund on Poll Winners & Hamp Hawes K2s and some beer. Them kids need to learn might right quick that they can't always depend on Daddy for a handout.

redneck.JPG

Did anyone ask the lovely Melinda if everything was in stock?

I ordered yesterday (combined it with two friends - went way over $100). Shipping was free, but the coupon didn't work. Why pay $2.98 when you can pay $2.69 :g

Edited by bertrand

Sorry for interrupting the partee, but while you all are grabbing all the good stuff, Concord & Tower have organised a nice little contest... :rolleyes:

Enter-To-Win!

Trip for 2 to Berkeley, California

Contest Ends 8/7

======================================

Enter-To-Win!

======================================

To celebrate the release of The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings by Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane, Tower is giving away a trip to the legendary Fantasy Records Vaults and more great prizes!

Grand Prize:

One winner will receive roundtrip airfare for two to the Fantasy Records Vaults in Berkeley, California where they'll receive a tour and the opportunity to hold and be photographed with the master tapes of Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings. Winner will receive roundtrip airfare for 2, overnight hotel stay, and meal furnished by Concord Music Group.

2nd Prize:

Two winners will receive a framed proof press poster of the Monk/Trane '57 sessions poster signed by the original producer, jazz legend Orrin Keepnews.

3rd Prize:

10 winners will receive a limited edition Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings t-shirt.

Enter-to-win!

http://email.tower.com/P/v3/r.asp?r=T1_Url...3B3%3B02&a=1007

Did anyone ask the lovely Melinda if everything was in stock?

I ordered yesterday (combined it with two friends - went way over $100). Shipping was free, but the coupon didn't work. Why pay $2.98 when you can pay $2.69 :g

I asked about stock (don't know whether it was Melinda I spoke with, but it was a woman). She said it was too early in their processing to have any information about that (whatever that means). It sort of makes it sound like there are piles of CDs there and until they go fill your order and check whether there are CDs left in the pile, they don't know anything. :wacko: But she was very clear that you won't be charged for something that they don't ship -- that's nice of them :)

Sorry for interrupting the partee, but while you all are grabbing all the good stuff, Concord & Tower have organised a nice little contest... :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose second prize would be of mild interest, though first and third have no appeal.

Well, I suppose second prize would be of mild interest, though first and third have no appeal.

Seriously, that's a pretty lame contest. What they should do instead is make it like that game show for kids in the 80s where they had to run around a toy store frantically throwing as many toys as they could into their shopping cart. Same deal, except cds. Aisle after Aisle of common, uncommon, hard-to-find, and OOP cds from the Concord vaults. You get a shopping cart and five minutes. Go.

I am so peed off that I can't order these overseas! K2s for $4 :angry:

Guess that's the price you have to pay for being a foreigner, or living out of country. Come here, accept some of the blame for everything our leader has done wrong and I'll sell you my rejects. :cool:

Maybe one of us could get some and forward them to you. :cool:

Familiar pattern for me. Learn of this a bit later than the hording masses. Place a large order (44 titles). Expect to receive about 60% of them (recalling J&R, Tower Blue Note, and other big sales). And will be very happy with whichever ones actually show up!

CDUniverse does have pre-orders available for a few of these titles coming out as RVGs (Oliver Nelson Screamin' the Blues is the one title I recall).

As always, thanks for alerting us to this buying opportunity.