LF: The "ding" Button

Boardmembers,

Given the recent fact that items offered on the board are sold almost as fast as they are posted, I was just wondering where you guys found that new software that causes your computer to "ding" everytime something new is posted on the Organissimo board. I know that Big Al would also be interested in the software given that he missed that Mobley Mosiac recently. What do you say Big Al? I also feel sure that Al and I could not be the only ones to have noticed the shear breakneck speed with which items have been disappearing lately!! Wow!!

Please Jim,others would like in on this deal. Just let us know where you can get the Organissimo "ding" software or we may not be able to purchase anything ever again! :o

Just so you guys don't feel too sorry for me...I did pick up the Tyronne Washington, Natural Essence, TOCJ today, used, and for a very nice price!

ding,

Morganized

• 2 weeks later...

No purchase necessary.

Simply subscribe to the Offering and Looking For... Forum.

There is a button labeled, "FORUM OPTIONS" near the upper right-hand corner of each forum main page. Click the button and the option to SUBSCRIBE to the forum appears.

There are several ding...er, uh...notification options:

No Email Notification

This option will not send out any email notification but will retain the topic or forum in your subscriptions panel.

Delayed Emailed Notification

This option will send out a notification if a new topic or reply has been made and you're not active on the board.

Immediate Email Notification

This option will send out a notification immediately after a new topic or reply has been made regardless of your activity.

Daily Email Digest

This option will send out a daily digest showing all new replies or topics for that day

Weekly Email Digest

This option will send out a weekly digest showing all new replies or topics for that week

Of course this is all theoretical as I have never used this feature before. But is should do the trick.

Boardmembers,

Given the recent fact that items offered on the board are sold almost as fast as they are posted, I was just wondering where you guys found that new software that causes your computer to "ding" everytime something new is posted on the Organissimo board. I know that Big Al would also be interested in the software given that he missed that Mobley Mosiac recently. What do you say Big Al? I also feel sure that Al and I could not be the only ones to have noticed the shear breakneck speed with which items have been disappearing lately!! Wow!!

Please Jim,others would like in on this deal. Just let us know where you can get the Organissimo "ding" software or we may not be able to purchase anything ever again! :o

Just so you guys don't feel too sorry for me...I did pick up the Tyronne Washington, Natural Essence, TOCJ today, used, and for a very nice price!

ding,

Morganized

Best way is to just hang out on Organissimo or check in frequently. That's what I do.

The irony is that those who have the time to check in frequently are likely to have non-demanding, low pay jobs (such as myself.) We see the offerings but aren't able to afford what we want. Others who have the bread don't have time to check on the offerings.

I always lost out on Grey's offerings. Those were the best.

Don't pay attention to Big Al. He always whines about missing sales when he wouldn't pull the trigger anyway. ;):P

Edited by connoisseur series500

I know that Big Al would also be interested in the software given that he missed that Mobley Mosiac recently.

I missed out on that one too. I was able to pick it up on a second offering at $5 higher.

No need to single yourself out. We all miss out on stuff all the time. That's how it goes. I won't be bothering with any "ding" thing. If I miss it; I miss it. No need to cry about it in public.

Suggestion: stay up late at night. You often get some people posting stuff then.

Depending on the features offered by your email provider, you can have an SMS sent to your mobile phone whenever you receive such a notification email.

That makes it a "ring" button. :)

or we may not be able to purchase anything ever again! :o

Once again, I have to shed some tears for poor Morganized....

:rcry:rcry

:g;)

These responses are more in line with what I expected....It was a joke guys as all the following Board Members with whom I have traded in the past will attest!!

Just to name a few:

sheldonm

chris testa

jazzkrow

doubleM

Jazz Groove

MartyJazz

frankc

jacknife

Abution II

Undergroundagent

mgraham333

ralphie_boy

Peter Johnson

jacknife-Conn'

Dmitry-Freap

danasgoodstuff

wulfman

sjarrell

Hank

Parkertown

Bol

etherbored

chris olivarez

Hardbopjazz

David

Claypone

Aggie 87

If I got any better at buying stuff offered by Board Members I would be broke, broke broke.......

Recently, however, I have been amazed at how fast stuff has been moving. That Mobley set last night went 13 minutes following the intial post. Is that a new record? Was that you Conn. that snagged that one? I think it is great that we can trade so freely here and I can say that I have not had one bad experience with a Board Member with whom I have done business, either as a Seller, or a Buyer.

After that Concord sale I expected things to slow down a little. By the way, I got confirmation on the ugh..ugh...34 that I purchased! Everything that I ordered has shipped! :g:g

And about the post....It was meant tongue-in cheek....We get bombarded on TV down here with a Southwest Airlines commercial advertising a "ding" button to cash in on their cheap trips.....Thought it might help me out if I could get one!!! Maybe I wouldn't miss the "good" stuff!! :g

Thanks guys for all the suggestions..Now that I know all of your secrets....Watch Out!!! ^_^^_^

just kidding, just kidding....

Best to all

~M

Just to name a few:

sheldonm

chris testa

jazzkrow

doubleM

Jazz Groove

MartyJazz

frankc

jacknife

Abution II

Undergroundagent

mgraham333

ralphie_boy

Peter Johnson

jacknife-Conn'

Dmitry-Freap

danasgoodstuff

wulfman

sjarrell

Hank

Parkertown

Bol

etherbored

chris olivarez

Hardbopjazz

David

Claypone

Aggie 87

Damn!

How do you remember the names?

Let me see...for me: ?=not completely sure.

Aggie (?)

Underground =major assed trading partner. I miss him.

Grey!

etherbord

Bol

Kevin Bresnahan

Jazzbo

sjarrell

Hank

Jacknife (another person I miss)

ralphie boy

riverrat

Peter Johnson

Abution

JAW

Marcus

Martyjazz

DoubleM

SheldonM

SS1

Noj

Free

Rooster Ties

Wulfman

Shawn

Take 5

Jazzmoose

Big Al

BFrank

Edited to include Bright Moments as he bought my Percy Mayfield Rhino/Tangerine cd for next to nothing! :g

Others I forgot to mention:

Uncle Skid

Eke BBB

Rockefeller Center

Jim Dye

Tjazz

WhiteLightning.

Man with the Golden Arm

Stefan Wood (?)

Weizy

Ken Dryden

John Felser

Mine is a killer list!

I think it is great that we can trade so freely here and I can say that I have not had one bad experience with a Board Member with whom I have done business, either as a Seller, or a Buyer.

This is very true for me as well.

I have not had one bad experience either, though Underground and I had to settle on a couple of things. Overall, he did me much more good than otherwise.

The above-mentioned comment by Morganized should be publicized in that it is indeed very remarkable. That's one reason why I came down heavily on Chewy for reneging on the deal with SS1. (OK, we won't go into that topic again.) Anyone here who cheats another board member shall be publicly pilloried!

:g

Damn!

How do you remember the names?

Let me see...for me: ?=not completely sure.

Aggie (?)

Underground =major assed trading partner. I miss him.

Grey!

etherbord

Bol

Kevin Bresnahan

Jazzbo

sjarrell

Hank

Jacknife (another person I miss)

ralphie boy

riverrat

Peter Johnson

Abution

JAW

Marcus

Martyjazz

DoubleM

SheldonM

SS1

Noj

Free

Rooster Ties

Wulfman

Shawn

Take 5

Jazzmoose

Big Al

BFrank

Edited to include Bright Moments as he bought my Percy Mayfield Rhino/Tangerine cd for next to nothing! :g

Others I forgot to mention:

Uncle Skid

Eke BBB

Rockefeller Center

Jim Dye

Tjazz

WhiteLightning.

Man with the Golden Arm

Stefan Wood (?)

Weizy

Ken Dryden

John Felser

Mine is a killer list!

Just went down the membership list. I am sure I may have omitted some. I can assure them that no slight was intended. Like I said, I have yet to have a negative experience, either as a Seller or a Buyer. Looks like you have a pretty good list yourself. In fact there are a couple there that I remember dealing with as well.

For the record, I agree with you about public "outing". There is no need to let one bad apple ruin the bunch IMHO. We all know that only the highest standards of ethics will be tolerated by Board members and that is the way it should be. I appreciate being alerted when someone falls short of this standard. With that said, I believe that Most matters can and should be resolved in private and should never require public notice. We all know that everyone is reasonable on this Board........well almost everyone! :w:D

Edited by Morganized

i called conn500 on that mobley set last night

do i get a finder's fee???

:D

Wait a minute, wait a minute....Just wait a minute!!!

Does that mean that you, SS1, are pleading guilty to being Conn.'s "ding" button?? :o:g

Case closed.

just kidding, just kidding. :g:g