Coltrane Complete Prestige Box

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the next Concord blowout (way too much in the catalog to stop at just 200+ titles). When will we next repeat the mayhem, January 2007 with the post-holiday clearance sales?

...I'm just waiting for the man...

Despite the pain-in-the-rear waiting for orders to be filled, (and I'm still waiting wordon my Coltrane box) this was a great sale, and I bought a ton of music I never dreamed of having. I especially would love another run at the K-2 20bit cds, they surprised me with their wonderful, warm sound. Almost equal to SACD to my ears.

$179 at half.com...

$179 on Amazon...

$189 Buy it Now on ebay...

oh, and just €57 at Amazon Germany....

How much were the Coltrane (and Evans) box sets at the Concord sale??? I saw them while they were still available, but ordered 50 or so individual CDs instead. I should have ordered the sets, too...

$179 at half.com...

$179 on Amazon...

How much were the Coltrane (and Evans) box sets at the Concord sale??? I saw them while they were still available, but ordered 50 or so individual CDs instead. I should have ordered the sets, too...

The Coltrane box set was going for $69.99. Great price!

$179 at half.com...

$179 on Amazon...

The Coltrane box set was going for $69.99. Great price!

Knowing the price makes me regret even more, but I wanted to know the price. Maybe I will try to order one from those German sources.

Man, where were all you guys when Zweitausendeins was blowing out the Coltrane box at - what was it? - like $30 a couple of years back?

:g

A couple of years ago was before I'd discovered Zweitausendeins, but I got one from them in March (albeit for $60 rather than $30).

but those 30$ ones have not been the LP sized boxed but those flimsy ones not including any booklet <_<

Edited by tjobbe

Man, where were all you guys when Zweitausendeins was blowing out the Coltrane box at - what was it? - like $30 a couple of years back?

That's when I got mine :g

Has anybody noticed this new 6 CD Coltrane box Concord has scheduled for release on September 26?

Fearless Leader

B000H30CBM.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61515306_.jpg

Edited by mikeweil

That's when I got mine :g

Has anybody noticed this new 6 CD Coltrane box Concord has scheduled for release on September 26?

Fearless Leader

B000H30CBM.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61515306_.jpg

That's my Plan B if I don't get my Coltrane box. Buy Fearless Leader, then buy JPN remasters of the rest of Coltrane's OJC appearances. A lot more expensive, and much longer to do, but what-the-heck, we all need goals in life. ;)

A couple of years ago was before I'd discovered Zweitausendeins, but I got one from them in March (albeit for $60 rather than $30).

but those 30$ ones have not been the LP sized boxed but those flimsy ones not including any booklet <_<

Interesting. Glad I recently picked mine up from them then, as it was the full-size retail version of the Coltrane set, for about $60 US. I've also picked up the Dex Gordon Prestige box, Rollins Freelance box, Contemporary Records box, Debut Records box, Complete Stax Vol. 2 box, and MJQ box from them. Great prices and smooth experience for my 2 orders, shipping from Germany to New York.

I just sent Concord a pissy email. You guys got me all worked up! :angry:;)

I called Concord and expressed my displeasure over the fact that I didn't receive the box set while others who had ordered after me had done so. The representative said he'd check into it and get back to me. As it turns out, there are a few left in the werehouse and they are trying to fill orders sent 7/18 to 7/22 and go from there. Mine has been confirmed as shipped.

Wow! Those guys are still messed up, because the rep. apologized for having "cancelled" my order. What does that mean? I guess he meant that he had prematurely told me that my order would not be filled?? Weird.

Anyway, the box is on its way. I highly recommend those who placed their orders within the above time frame to call to see if they'll get theirs.

In the meantime, I must express thanks to Ron S., who urged me to call them. And I also wanted to thank Greg K., who pointed out that he had received his order for the box which was placed on 7/22...four days after mine.

Thanks guys.... :wub:

In the meantime, I must express thanks to Ron S., who urged me to call them. And I also wanted to thank Greg K., who pointed out that he had received his order for the box which was placed on 7/22...four days after mine.

Thanks guys.... :wub:

Glad I could help! That did seem very strange.

werehouse

I've noticed this interesting spelling here off late in the Concord related threads. Is this a pun on the overview of the Concord people on what they have in stock, a case of good market placement by Wherehouse Records, or too much bad beer?

In the case of some of us who ordered the Coltrane box but apparently will not get it, it is the "werehouse", as in, "there were some in the house, but now there aren't." :(

werehouse

I've noticed this interesting spelling here off late in the Concord related threads. Is this a pun on the overview of the Concord people on what they have in stock, a case of good market placement by Wherehouse Records, or too much bad beer?

I put my vote in for too much bad beer. -_-

(Also, I type in a big rush)

werehouse

In the case of some of us who ordered the Coltrane box but apparently will not get it, it is the "werehouse", as in, "there were some in the house, but now there aren't." :(

Want to split up the box, Ron? I keep the discs, box and the booklet, and you get the jewel cases? :P

No, in all seriousness, don't give up hope just yet. Your order (7/24, right?) might still have made the cutoff.