Coltrane Complete Prestige Box

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I'm on Disc 7... and I am thrilled to have this... :party::party::excited::excited: It's so interesting (and enjoyable) to hear a lot of his early playing... So much of his Impulse life was what's always been on the market... The price on this puppy was absolutely absurd!!!

A HUGE :tup:tup:tup

I picked this up in the Concord sale--haven't even had a chance to play a single disc yet. :blush: Oh well, maybe next year. :w

I've got my system down pat... This set gets played in car... and the Mosaics get played working at home... (FYI right now.. got that Bud Freeman single going... It's good but hard to follow that Slide Hampton!! But thus I digress... :blink::blink: )

I am really surprised by how much I like this set...I've got A LOT of 'Trane Impulse stuff and of course the stuff with Miles... but this was/is really enjoyable....

I have to say I'm on Disc 7... and I am thrilled to have this... :party::party::excited::excited: It's so interesting (and enjoyable) to hear a lot of his early playing... So much of his Impulse life was what's always been on the market... The price on this puppy was absolutely absurd!!!

A HUGE :tup:tup:tup

I picked this up in the Concord sale--haven't even had a chance to play a single disc yet. :blush: Oh well, maybe next year. :w

Edited by tranemonk

Ron, I know where you're coming from!

I spent $165 on the Concord sale, and I think I have listened to four CDs! I didn't get the Coltrane box (wish I did), but I did get the Bill Evans, and it's still sealed.

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to attack that stack!

JL, during the summer Concord at its website offered a list of OJCs and K2s for $3 each when you bought 30, plus $15 shipping.

In addition, the Coltrane Prestige box and the Bill Evans Riverside box were available for about $4.50 per CD.

Thanks. At least now I know what I missed out on! :(

Actually, I got both those boxes cheap (one from a record club a long time ago, the other on St. Marks) and I have a pretty healthy OJC collection at this point, so it's probably not a great loss.

I'm still sure I would have found a way to drop a few bucks on the sale, though...

JL, during the summer Concord at its website offered a list of OJCs and K2s for $3 each when you bought 30, plus $15 shipping.

In addition, the Coltrane Prestige box and the Bill Evans Riverside box were available for about $4.50 per CD.

Thanks. At least now I know what I missed out on! :(

Actually, I got both those boxes cheap (one from a record club a long time ago, the other on St. Marks) and I have a pretty healthy OJC collection at this point, so it's probably not a great loss.

I'm still sure I would have found a way to drop a few bucks on the sale, though...

Many of us did. :w Hopefully, they'll do it again.