Coltrane Complete Prestige Box

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there might be hope yet, I placed my Coltrane order on 7/21 (have yet to hear anything on that order). Maybe I need to get into "bitchy mode" and give a call. :D

I would definitely urge you to call them. Greg K received his order of 7/22. Don't leave anything up to those guys. They are too swamped to know the location of their heads and arses!

Just got off the phone about my order of 7/19. It was said to be "in the warehouse" (of course...), but the CS rep took the trouble to call me back to confirm that the order would ship either today or tomorrow, and that the Coltrane box would be included.

Initial execution sux donkey dix, but the follow through showed every sign of being exemplary. But we'll see if it ships as promised....

Just got off the phone about my order of 7/19. It was said to be "in the warehouse" (of course...), but the CS rep took the trouble to call me back to confirm that the order would ship either today or tomorrow, and that the Coltrane box would be included.

Initial execution sux donkey dix, but the follow through showed every sign of being exemplary. But we'll see if it ships as promised....

Hey, why couldn't I've gotten your guy!

I put my vote in for too much bad beer. -_-

(Also, I type in a big rush)

Hmmm.....what do YOU consider bad beer? The thought that there is beer bad enough that Conn considers it bad kind of scares me... :P

I don't know how I developed this reputation as a lover of bad beer, when I made the switch to lite beer as a way to cut down on alcohol and calories. Before that I was all for Stellar Artois, Heineken, Bavik, Sapporo, Kirin Ichibahn, Smithwyck's and the like....

Now I'm just plain cutting down altogether. It's part of the process. Hey, I love the good stuff just as others do, but we all have to make concessions. Beer is loaded with calories.

Let's see how you look when your my age, Agg.... :w I've definitely been able to control my weight as a result of such concessions.

Hey, why couldn't I've gotten your guy!

I say Sangry bribed him. -_- ;)

Well, I called, but used my nice mode, answer: "It's at the wherehouse, they're filling the orders as they arrived. Call back in a couple of days if you don't hear anything." Okay, I'll wait, but next time: full-bore bitchy mode! ;)

By your smiley it looks as if you are kidding but I thought I'd pass on some advice to everyone anyway.

I worked for a bank's telephone customer service department for 12 years. Being bitchy, rude, hard core, antagonistic, etc. is not going to help matters at all. The customer service rep on the other end of the line can often have the power of discretion on whether they are going to help you or not and they are going to be perfectly within their service guidelines whether they choose to help you or not. If you are coming on strong, (and I'm not saying you actually would or that you did) the customer service rep can basically shut down and not assist you in reaching your desired outcome, especially if they have to work a little outside the box. I know it shouldn't be that way but I did it and everyone I ever knew in the customer service dept. did it as well. We can kind of see that from the prior posts. One rep went out of their way to call the warehouse and get the order shipped. The other rep just toed the line and said it was at the warehouse and that you should check back in a few days if you didn't hear anything. I'm pretty certain that both reps would be considered to be operating within their service guidelines.

It can be a lot like gambling. It depends on who you get, what they do or don't feel like doing or how they interpret how the caller is coming across. Whatever the case may be, there is a lot of truth in the saying that you can attract a lot more bees with honey than you can with vinnegar.

Edited by mikelz777

This thread got kind of quiet all of a sudden. Did everyone here who wanted the Coltrane box finally get one? :excited::)

Not waiting for the Coltrane box, but still waiting for my order from 7/21. My anger from earlier in the thread has now turned to resignation. What can you say about a retailer or e-tailer who has not given you an update or shipped the product within a month after you placed your order?

Even granting Concord the benefit of the doubt here that they were overwhelmed by the response to this sale, the fact that they didn't (a) anticipate it, (b) move more employees to the wherehouse, © hire temp workers to fill the orders faster, (d) ..., is pretty pathetic.

Oh well. Good luck to all.

I too ordered the Coltrane box on 7/21

Then I ordered the the Evans box on 7/25 (I had procrastinated on that one)!!

I received my two earlier orders of single CDs!!

(I put all my orders on seperate credit cards to try and conceal my expenditures from my better half -- she would have killed me to see it on one BIG order!!!! :w)

Unfortunately, she saw the credit bills for the first two orders... :o

I'm in BIG trouble... :(

...but I still want my Coltrane and Evans Boxes!!! :excited: