"Fast Reply"?

Dan Gould

Fast reply posts your comment more quickly :P

Actually, it just brings up a little window at the bottom of the thread where you can type your comment in and hit "post" right away. It doesn't give you the option of smileys or hyperlinks or images or things like that, just quick text posting.

edit - I believe the Hoffman forums have the quick reply "window" always set to show up at the bottom of a thread, not an on/off type thing. I can't verify that because their board seems to have been down for a few days or something.

Edited by Aggie87

Looks like "Fast Reply" is the way to go if you've got a particularly clever group of people in mind and you want to get your post in ahead of someone else on "Name Three People". :g

Edit: I used Fast Reply for this one and you can still get the smiley in if you know the code. Interesting, too, that when you edit a "Fast Reply" it gives you the same plain-jane text box, no image or http links or nothing. Its like the software knows this message was created with Fast Reply, and ever more it shall be. (I'd put in the eyes bouncing around the skull smilie here but I don't know the code for it. :g )

Edited by Dan Gould

I didn't try it out. Because I spend so much time in the Political forum, I just assumed it was a pre-programmed response to any message from Weizy. You know, you just hit a button and the following message is automatically sent. Something like, "You're dumber than a bag of hammers, you #%&*@!.

Up over and out.

.... Because I spend so much time in the Political forum, I just assumed it was a pre-programmed response to any message from Weizy. You know, you just hit a button and the following message is automatically sent. Something like, "You're dumber than a bag of hammers, you #%&*@!.

Jim, you better deactivate that function for the political forum ......

I didn't try it out. Because I spend so much time in the Political forum, I just assumed it was a pre-programmed response to any message from Weizy. You know, you just hit a button and the following message is automatically sent. Something like, "You're dumber than a bag of hammers, you #%&*@!.

Up over and out.

Don't worry, I've got my own "You and Pelosi have the IQ of a piece of furniture, so....... up over and out this!!" pre-programmed response. icon10.gif

cat%20w-machine%20gun.jpg

Eh, I suppose I know what ya mean...

.......but ya know, for an old broad she's still got some decent looking legs :excited: -- so it's not all that bad! Now don't take it too hard and start sulking around the office. But if it'll help, I'll drop Pelosi and insert the name of some 'crackerjack' NHL player instead. Hmmm let's see....some real swifty? :w Um, how about Gump "Anyone who wears one is chicken. My face is my mask" Worsley? :g

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Weizy,

Gump Worsley. Boy, there's a name I haven't heard for awhile. Rangers and Canadians if I'm not mistaken. Old school all the way. I used to keep a hockey scrapbook when I was kid and I had several pix of Worsley on the ice with his face right in the middle of everything right above the crease. You gotta appreciate his guts, but at the same time, acknowledge his stupidity. Of course, he spent the formative years of his career before curved sticks and 100 MPH slap shots, so just like the knuckleheads who wouldn't wear helmets, he had a hard time coming to grips with changes in the game. Just ask his face.

Up over and out.