Fender Rhodes corner

DatDere

Hmm, maybe I should create a separate electric piano forum? Yeah, I love Rhodes and Wurlitzers. My Rhodes action is stiff as hell, but hopefully I can fix that with those options outlined above. My Wurli I just bought back from a friend (needed the bread bad) and I kicked myself every day after I sold it. She's mine again, although he's the one that broke the reed! :)

Yeah, I've seen those tremelo kits... a bit pricey for what they are... basically a few resistors, a cap or two, and a pot. $70? But hell, I know it works, so I should just buckle down and do it. I also need a sustain pedal for it and those are very pricey.

I'd like to do more stuff with my electric pianos, but I have enough weight to haul around. I am digging my new rig (the Hammond XK System) and it's MIDI capabilities, pared with a Motif ES rack. There are some really nice, playable electric piano sounds in the Yammy.

Besides EPs, I'm currently drooling over a Moog Voyager, but it is completely impractical at this point. But man... those things are FUN!

My R&B band opened for Macy Gray at this summer festival a few weeks ago and her keyboardist(s) had my dream rig: Hammond B3 with Leslie, Fender Rhodes Mark I, two Motif MO6s, and a Moog Voyager. Oh yeah...

It *is* a lot of work. While the process is easy, unless you have really small fingers (or a tool which, unlike the dubious "Rhodes tuning tool" sold on ebay and such, actually allows for fine adjustments), you'll need to flip up the harp, adjust, then flip the harp back down to confirm the tuning is correct in normal position. It takes time, and it sounds like your springs might be a bit loose (needing a crimp from a pliers, maybe) if they're getting far out from a short move. Nothing to do with hot temperatures outside, though, I doubt.

Good call, indeed I've noticed that even if a tine appears to be in tune with the harp flipped up, putting it back in down position sometimes throws the tuning off again slightly. I'll try to fasten the springs some more. I thought the temperature might have something to do with it, because the guy I originally bought it from warned me that you might want to let the instrument acclimate a bit before playing it in clubs etc.

Edited by DatDere