king ubu

Happy Birthday Lon (jazzbo)!

76 posts in this topic

Happy Birthday! May you live long and post often. :rfr

Thanks gents!

Made it through lunch. . . (lunch at my desk, my usual) and getting my second wind for a wild Friday afternoon of "other people's emergencies."

Happy B'day and many more of them!!!

Have a great day Lon!!

THANKS mes amis!

Almost made it through the work day. . . .

I am enjoying the birthday present my wife gave me in advance three weeks ago: a black 60GB iPod! Man, I'm digging it even more than I thought I would.

That's a great present, and congratulations. One of the best things about it is that it will cause you to re-explore your entire collection when you import songs to your itunes library. This process is highly addictive, as well as most enjoyable.

Thanks Guy!

Yes, tell me about the addiction. . . I spent the three or four months living in iTunes while I was in Houston, loaded it up when I left Austin and it gave me a good collection to have for that time. Now I'm reloading iTunes with a lot of different material and enjoying the experience of picking, choosing, and playing.

I really dig adding images etc.

Happy Birthday Lon!!!!!

Hope it's not too hot down there. We've been melting up here on the right coast for a few weeks now.

Kevin

Happy Birthday Lon!!!!!

Hope it's not too hot down there. We've been melting up here on the right coast for a few weeks now.

Kevin

You should experience the Gulf Coast right now...JEESH...heat index today was 114! Ugh :rfr

Hope you had a good one, and that things keep improving with your wife's health!

Thanks! Helen was feeling well enough for the first time in several weeks to go out to dinner so we went out to dinner with two friends and had a wonderful meal and time! Too bad we return to Houston the middle of next week. . . I like my life here in Austin.

Now here it is 6:00 ish a.m. and I'm loading discs into the ole iTunes. Ah, the weekend!

Thanks all for the best wishes and the continuing support!

Happy Birthday Lon!! :party::party::party:

One of the true gentleman on this board- an honorable man in my dealings with him.

Which birthday is it (if you haven't answered it already)??

Which birthday is it (if you haven't answered it already)??

Psst! Click on his handle!

Edited by BERIGAN

It's the 51st. For a year I've been "over fifty" because I guess the day you turn 50, you're over. . . .

But now no denying. . ."over fifty!" Feels fine though. I'm going to not have an age problem. So much going on that is distracting/requiring attention, and I'm better suited to deal with the good AND the bad stuff a this time and age.

¡¡¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS, LON!!!

:party::party::party:

(sorry, I missed this thread yesterday)

My goodness, only 51, Lon? You're still a young man. It's the music that does it you know. Why I'll turn 74 in November but I still feel just 17. It was 1949 when I first discovered jazz and blues and I might as well have discovered the fountain of youth. You'll never grow old as long as you keep listening my friend. A very happy birthday to you.

Belated Best Wishes to a good friend (to put it mildly...)

Hope you had a great birthday, Lon! :party:

Thanks Jim, Jim and Don. Yes, I really did have a good birthday. . . a little oasis in the desert I've trekked across recentl (and am preparing to set out across again).