Choose the right one !

jbs-tom

I don't know if I would say anything at least to start with. I'd probably avoid playing something that was too intense at the beginning. Music is central to my life and if she couldn't at least hang with some of my musical selections chances are she couldn't hang with me but I really don't see the point of sweating it too much.

I would try to turn the discussion to something else or ask if she likes other kind of music.

If she asked me to put some jazz i would go with Ben Webster Music for loving or maybe a singer like Helen Merrill, if the bit.. starts telling me that Kenny G is greater i would put some Akosh S Unit or some John Zorn that should teach her

My wife was listening to country and western and soft rock when we first met.

Not crazy about Jazz, but at least she's stopped listening to C&W.

ACK! :bad:

I must admit to liking some Country-Western. I love my jazz, but there are times when only Hank Williams will do.

Having recently gone through this sort of scenario, I did a lot of pre-warning about the size of my

CD collection and my love of jazz of all styles. I went so far as to give her a sampling of my sizable

CD collection and lent her some CDs. When she finally came over and actually saw the size of my

CD collection, I know she was impressed - though I'm not sure whether it was positively or negatively.

I have to say that no longer being what I call a "jazzhole" really went a long way in her acceptance of my jazz leanings. Some of the early stuff I lent her - Miles Davis Quintet with Shorter, Hancock et all, Maiden Voyage, Coltrane's early Impulse stuff, some Scofield and Organissimo. The first stuff I ever plyed for her - Pat Metheny Group.