question about oil leak in car

Nowhere is my ignorance more obvious than when it comes to automobiles, especially the one I own. It's a 1993 Lumina that I bought off a buddy a couple years ago for 500 bucks, and so far it has had no major problems. I recently drove from North Carolina to Minnesota, and I'm about to head back. Before I left, I had a tune-up, and oil leaks from the front and rear seals. I made it to MN with no problem. I also got a mechanic here to look at it, and he also mentioned the leak, but when I asked him if that would be a problem on the return drive, he said just to keep an eye on it. My question:

If I bring extra containers of oil in the car, should that be good enough? Are oil leaks relatively normal? Do I need to fix this before I leave?

By the way, I can see a little bit of oil under the car when I park, but it doesn't look excessive.

I appreciate any knowledge you car savvy folks can impart. Thanks.

Just keep a couple of quarts in the trunk for the trip and check the level every 500 miles or so. Keep the level "between the marks" and you should be fine.

"Front and rear seals" could mean a couple of things but if that diagnosis is literally correct, don't spend the money to solve the problem - it could cost more than you paid for the car.