Tom Waits Tour

md655321

Got beack from Detroit yesterday. Flew out to see the family and this man.

What an absolutely fabulous show. Almost scarily good. I would bear this man's children if it were physically possible. ALOT of newer stuff, but still some great oldies (christmas card from a hooker, invitation to the blues)

Anyone else get to check him out on this tour?

I wanted to make Detroit, but the pocketbook is light this month, and near 90 bucks for a ticket, with TicketGouger service, was a bit much. BUT, I'm sure worth every penny, if you got it. I saw Waits in K'zoo on the Frank's Wild Years tour, and that is one of my greatest live music experiences. A few co-workers made The Opera House, though, and they're still reeling. I'm sure it was wonderful.

Did you read about the Akron/Cleveland two-fer? Sounds amazing, with the Cleveland show starting after 1am? Google Eyeball Kid for details of all the shows.

Edited by Werf

Got beack from Detroit yesterday. Flew out to see the family and this man.

What an absolutely fabulous show. Almost scarily good. I would bear this man's children if it were physically possible. ALOT of newer stuff, but still some great oldies (christmas card from a hooker, invitation to the blues)

Anyone else get to check him out on this tour?

I was able to get tickets to the Akron show. WOW. I happen to love the newer stuff so I was a-ok with the set list. He opened with a killer version of "Make It Rain." But he threw in some classics, like "Tom Traubert's Blues" and "Christmas Card From a Hooker" with just him at the piano and "The Mole" on bass. The whole thing was simply awesome. I have wanted to see him for a long time and since he never tours it seemed like I never would be able to.

We had some of the best seats I've ever had for a concert, and the show took place in the old Akron Civic Theater. It is an old "atmospheric" theater, with the ceiling painted like the sky and all kinds of crazy details. It's now run as a non-profit and we got a nice history from one of the volunteer women working the gift shop. An additional plus was that I sat next to Jim Jarmusch and his girlfriend/wife (?). Really pleasant guy, and treated everyone who came up to him very well.

I was already a fan, but this just took me into cult-land.....

I work a block from Burgundy in the Marigny here in New Orleans so I thought of I Wish I Was In New Orleans when I heard about the tour.

I don't think he still plays the tune but the area of the city, which did not flood, is one of the last places in America where you can disappear from all the bs.