I finally figured it out...

Soul Stream

So it took me a few years, but I finally figured out the 100% sure and easy way to remove that sticky thing on top of a new CD.

1. Unhinge the CD case

2. Take the CD out

3. Take a hot hair dryer and stick it up close to that damn sticky thing for about 10 seconds until you see it getting kind of melty.

4. Peel off the f@#!!@ sticky thing...no problem

5. Put your CD back in the hinge the case together

....this really works great and is easy to do. I bought all the new RVGs today and did them all in just a few minutes and was glad to have nice, clean cases from a Blue Note product for the first time in years.

Edited by Soul Stream

So it took me a few years, but I finally figured out the 100% sure and easy way to remove that sticky thing on top of a new CD.

1. Unhinge the CD case

2. Take the CD out

3. Take a hot hair dryer and stick it up close to that damn sticky thing for about 10 seconds until you see it getting kind of melty.

....this really works great and is easy to do. I bought all the new RVGs today and did them all in just a few minutes and was glad to have nice, clean cases from a Blue Note product for the first time in years.

Happy Birthday! :)

:D

1. Unhinge the CD case

2. Take the CD out

Happy Birthday! :)

Not certain, but I bet the ones that are a pain in the ass and leave glue residue all over the jewel case are ones that have been sitting on the shelf for a long time. Newer ones peel off for me, no problem.

Or maybe it's a matter of the temperature they were stored at during shipment/on shelves, since a hair dryer is helping.

Not certain, but I bet the ones that are a pain in the ass and leave glue residue all over the jewel case are ones that have been sitting on the shelf for a long time. Newer ones peel off for me, no problem.

Or maybe it's a matter of the temperature they were stored at during shipment/on shelves, since a hair dryer is helping.

Cool avatar photo, Nojjy. Are those your cigs rolled up at the top of your sleeve? ;)

1. Unhinge the CD case

2. Take the CD out

Hey SS................ever tried a little lighter fluid on a paper towel or rag?????

Try it.....you'll like it! :g:g

Of course, remove the sticky thing first. Clean up the residue per above.

The worst are the stickers Sony puts on the front of jewel cases. I can get them off, if I'm very careful. But sometimes the old ones rip and are a bitch to remove. HATE those things.

The plastic strips on the top I never have any trouble getting off. I just slice 'em with a razor. The peel off real nice after that.

Hey SS................ever tried a little lighter fluid on a paper towel or rag?????

Try it.....you'll like it! :g:g

Of course, remove the sticky thing first. Clean up the residue per above.

Yeah, I have tried that. But I think this method is really a lot easier, more effective and cleaner overall since it's less of a hassle to avoid the mess in the first place than clean it up after the fact imho. Actually just takes seconds since most people have a hair dryer already plugged in and ready to go in the bathroom. I've always been bummed about buying a brand new RVG or $16 Conn. just to be wiping lighter fluid or goo-gone all over it the second I get it home. To anybody who has the same attitude, I would highly suggest trying this out as it leaves the CD and it's contents in mint shape and doesn't leave a lingering petroleum smell :g . Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now. :crazy:

Edited by Soul Stream