Mosaic big box sets

How many Mosaic big box sets do you own?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turrentine, Blue Mitchell, JJ Johnson.

In addition, I have the Jazz Crusaders discs, but no box or booklet. Also the last set of discs in the Stitt set. I had the Curtis Fuller, but I traded it to Conn for the individual discs.

3 for me (Anita O'Day, my first, Gerald Wilson, and Crusaders). I also find them overrated, and in fact, I want to sell the Anita O'Day one (PM me if you're interested!). I just prefer individual CD's, where possible.

That said, I'm thinking about the Art Farmer set, having purchased three of his individual CD's, which I'm really enjoying, from Paul recently. What can you do.

100+. In fact, the only OOP boxes that I don't have are volumes 2 and 3 of the Commodore sets.

Yeah, I know...I have way too much disposable income... :w

Here's something pretty cool - As I was ordering my 100th set I just happened to put in the comment section of the on-line order form that this was, in fact, my 100th set. Didn't expect anything from it (except maybe an email saying "thanks, keep it up"). Well, the day after I received the set (the Turrentine) I find a "next day" package laying on my doorstep with a $100 "thank you" gift certificate inside.

Pretty damn cool... :)

Edited by trane123

WOW... the Anita O'Day is one of my faves... I suggest someone PM this man...!!

3 for me (Anita O'Day, my first, Gerald Wilson, and Crusaders). I also find them overrated, and in fact, I want to sell the Anita O'Day one (PM me if you're interested!). I just prefer individual CD's, where possible.

That said, I'm thinking about the Art Farmer set, having purchased three of his individual CD's, which I'm really enjoying, from Paul recently. What can you do.

That Crusaders Box set is definitely not overrated.

11, and I think I'll add 2 before the month is out. Bix/Tram/Tea & Stitt are the front runners, though Venuti/Lang & Parlan are still in the race. Odd how a week ago Stitt wasn't even on the radar (at least in terms of a big big box.) But dang, those samples are too good!

That Crusaders Box set is definitely not overrated.

I totally agree, the Crusaders box is definitely not overrated. I'd say it's probably underrated, definitely unique in a very good way.

I'm into 4 of the big boxes at this point, The Crusaders, Hank Mobley, Horace Parlan and Stanley Turrentine. I really don't have the funds or required desire to spring for many (if any) more. I'd like to pick up the Gillespie box eventually.