Welcome to new member Ron Thorne

Jim R

I just couldn't resist starting a topic to formally welcome my friend Ron Thorne to this board. Ron's main hang is Jazz Corner, but even a few posts here from this experienced gentelman will be a welcome thing (especially for the drummers in the house!).

[Note: I know Ron's not much of a fan of smileys, thus I avoided the usual temptations for this occasion]

Guest Chaney

Welcome Ron!

I've greatly enjoyed your posts over at the JC. (I used to post there myself but I was a naughty boy. :rolleyes: )

I did a Google image search for 'Ron Thorne' and got this:

myofist-promo-shot510.jpg

Which one are you? :blink:

(Sorry but I like 'smilies'.)

Many thanks for the kind words and welcome. Thanks for your restraint with the smilies, too, Jim.

Chaney, I could be somewhere in that photo, but I haven't found me yet. AJ, is that you, you devil?

I'll hang around here from time-to-time, since the level of discourse seems civil, intelligent and spirited.

Welcome, Ron! I really enjoyed interacting with you at Jazz Corner from the get go. I remember the time back then when it seemed like ever other thread was initiatied by you. You were instrumental in getting that BBS on track. ( Actually, I was one of the few registered people at Jazz Corner long before Jazz Central Station bit the dust.)

This is a great site for discussing a lot of jazz topics that currently generate much less interest at JC, particularly those having to do with jazz history.

Stick around.

John

P.S. We love Jim Pepper here too! RIP

Wow, what a nice welcoming committee, with some very familiar names, and ones I think I can figure out despite changes in their User Name from one board to another.

I must say that the vibes on this board were pleasant and adult-like from my first visit.

Delighted to hear that my dear friend, the late Jim Pepper, is appreciated here, too. With this kind of reception, Pep would probably have invoked one of his favorites ... Big Love!

Jim_Pepper_03_50.jpg

Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

Camai~

That's greaze, my friend!

:rhappy:

Gotcha!

Yep, that too.

I sense that the greaze from my Dad's regionally-famous barbeque was a precursor to some of the musical greaze I later heard and appreciated when I discovered jazz expression. For instance, Jimmy Smith's Trio at the Howard Theatre in January, 1962 as one of the opening acts for the Miles Davis Sextet.