Reptet Announces East Coast Tour

Johnny E

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reptet plays D.C. tonight at Twins Jazz. Sure would love to be a fly on the wall when Johnny E and Son Of Weizen meet face to face! :)

We're playing at North By Northwest in Philly tonight and obviously won't make that scenario.. I hope somebody gets pics of that event and posts them..

The band was killin'! We played Tritone last night and had a ball. We had the place rockin' for our entire 100 minute set (is that like the 100 yard dash?! 'cos it seemed like it last night... the set went so fast...)

I can't wait to see the Reptet again. Hopefully on a dual-bill with everyone's favorite organ trio!

The Reptet gig at Twins was awesome - what a great band! I really enjoed the Marx Brothers suite, although I feel Gummo got shortchanged. 'H.R.' is a beautiful piece - I listened to most of the CD last night.

I had to leave mid-way through the third set. They were singing about their dicks, so maybe it was good time to go :)

Bertrand.

The Reptet gig at Twins was awesome - what a great band! I really enjoed the Marx Brothers suite, although I feel Gummo got shortchanged. 'H.R.' is a beautiful piece - I listened to most of the CD last night.

I had to leave mid-way through the third set. They were singing about their dicks, so maybe it was good time to go :)

Bertrand.

Man, I was sweating so bad at that show in DC it looked like a pissed my pants. You missed our show stopper (the title track of our new CD - "Do This!") where the horn players ran down the steps and out on to U Street squealing freakishly as un-expecting bystanders fled in horror. All the while Ben the bassist and I were kickin' out the jams freestylie upstairs. Upon the horns return we played some driving punk jazz squawking and stuck out our tongues while making silly faces at the remaining audience members. Lots of fun. :g

Oh, and the song about our dicks is called "Fish Market" (newer tune that will be on our next CD). It's about a couple frat boys named Tobi and Sam (played by our two female members Tobi and Sam) who go out looking to get laid. They find themselves at a lesbian bar called the fish market where upon they get their asses beat down for hitting on the lady friend of a monstrously strong bull dyke named T Luscious. The lyrics go as follows:

To the Fish Market we go - to pick up chicks

But we can't get none because - we all have dicks

Oh, and the song about our dicks is called "Fish Market" (newer tune that will be on our next CD). It's about a couple frat boys named Tobi and Sam (played by our two female members Tobi and Sam) who go out looking to get laid. They find themselves at a lesbian bar called the fish market where upon they get their asses beat down for hitting on the lady friend of a monstrously strong bull dyke named T Luscious. The lyrics go as follows:

I guess you could say Tobi and Sam had a vagenda. :)

I guess you could say Tobi and Sam had a vagenda. :)

:lol:

John, say hi to all in the band. Skid and I really enjoyed the band at the start of your tour. I hope "all of youse" enjoyed the experience and keep the message coming.

Thanks Chuck, and thanks to all the board members who made it out to all the shows. It was a blast connecting real life faces to the words and ideas I've been reading all these years. Unfortunately Weizen was not able to make it (packing I guess :lol: ) to the Twins show. Image me and the weizbag arm-in-arm swigging a couple hefeweizen's...That would have been a picture! Oh well, maybe next time.