Squirrel mini-emergency

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry you felt the need to pour scalding water on the squirrel. there are products available that will deter squirrels without harming them. many contain red pepper, which they can't stand. if the problem resurfaces, i recommend buying something like scoot squirrel, a spray that's easy to use and quite effective.

sqscoot.jpg

I'm not sure it's so easy to find squirrel repellent in Manhattan...

You may need this:

Simple Roast Squirrel

~ 1 squirrel per person, cleaned

~ favorite seasonings

~ medium onions, chunked, 1 per squirrel

Place onions evenly in a greased roasting pan.

Season squirrel(s) to taste inside and out with your favorite seasoings.

Place squirrel(s) on top of onions.

Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.

Remove foil and cook 10 minutes to brown meat. Turn halfway through.

Serve and enjoy.

i'm sorry you felt the need to pour scalding water on the squirrel. there are products available that will deter squirrels without harming them. many contain red pepper, which they can't stand. if the problem resurfaces, i recommend buying something like scoot squirrel, a spray that's easy to use and quite effective.

sqscoot.jpg

I'm not sure it's so easy to find squirrel repellent in Manhattan...

You gotta go directly to Bloomberg's office and ask for a dude named Jilly.

Is there room outside of your window to place one of those humane cages/traps? I have found them to be very effective. A little peanut butter on the trip mechanism inside and you will catch the squirrel in a metal cage. You can then safely carry the cage by the handle and release it miles away. I know of people who have killed the animals once they were in the cages, by immersion in a bucket of water or by leaving it next to an auto exhaust. Needless to say, I am not recommending these methods.

^_^

Just as he was about to get in, I spilled a *little* scalding coffee on him through the crack he had made between the plastic guard and the window frame - just enough to make him change his mind. Then I quickly yanked the air conditioner out of the window and slammed it shut. There was something wrong about that squirrel.

Rabies?

I actually was worried about that. The reason I mentioned it in my first post is that he seemed weirdly aggressive and determined for a squirrel - he kept showing his teeth and he was clawing at the plastic guard really hard. I thought it was a rat until I saw the tail.

Just catching up on this thread, I'm surprised that he didn't just go ahead and chew through the plastic in the first place. If they can effortlessly tunnel through our heavy duty gutter guards, I'd think an AC accordian screen would be like a piece of spaghetti for one of 'em.

You may need this:

Simple Roast Squirrel

~ 1 squirrel per person, cleaned

~ favorite seasonings

~ medium onions, chunked, 1 per squirrel

Place onions evenly in a greased roasting pan.

Season squirrel(s) to taste inside and out with your favorite seasoings.

Place squirrel(s) on top of onions.

Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.

Remove foil and cook 10 minutes to brown meat. Turn halfway through.

Serve and enjoy.

A friend of my Mom's just got back from Machu Pichu. Evidently everyone's favorite delicacy down yonder is hamster.

vista-machu-pichu.jpg

hamster.jpg

Can't you just picture the little bugger turning on a spit? :bad:

Edited by Noj